Allan,Todd and Fenton

rosythpar

6 hours ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Todd played 90 minutes the game before last.  

It also might be easier said than done just to say they should be sent on loan.  You need a club to enquire about them first and for it to be the right place for them to develop.

The only reason Todd played  was because Jones was out with covid or he would have replaced Comrie.

We have sent them out on loan before and when Fenton signed his extension he said in an interview he would be going out on loan

4 hours ago, rosythpar said:

The only reason Todd played  was because Jones was out with covid or he would have replaced Comrie.

We have sent them out on loan before and when Fenton signed his extension he said in an interview he would be going out on loan

Slight correction, he said he was keen to get out on loan. That doesn't mean it was going to be possible. 

53 minutes ago, Grant said:

When Martin was given an extension Fenton should've went out. 

I'm still baffled as to why Allan and Todd have been given extensions tbh. 

Personally, I think they are doing it as a stop gap until the academy starts producing again. There needs to be a vision of a pathway to the first team for the boys in the academy, as well as acting as a recruiting tool when there is compeition for a player. They can point to those as a 'success story'. 

I like Allan in terms of ability but he is always going to struggle in a struggling team. He's got ability and can pass a ball but it's a lot of responsibility to put on a young boy to act as a playmaker to pull all the strings for a struggling side when the highest level he played at previously was East of Scotland with Hill of Beath. 

3 minutes ago, Digs said:

Personally, I think they are doing it as a stop gap until the academy starts producing again. There needs to be a vision of a pathway to the first team for the boys in the academy, as well as acting as a recruiting tool when there is compeition for a player. They can point to those as a 'success story'. 

I like Allan in terms of ability but he is always going to struggle in a struggling team. He's got ability and can pass a ball but it's a lot of responsibility to put on a young boy to act as a playmaker to pull all the strings for a struggling side when the highest level he played at previously was East of Scotland with Hill of Beath. 

I fully get your first point and I agree with it, however a success story is only successful if the players are playing and playing well, as it is in the first transfer window he had Yogi signed a bunch of centre mids, having lamented that the midfield wasn't strong enough, and Allan and Todd haven't played in there positions since. 

I also like Allan, looks a cool and composed footballer and truthfully in that ball recycling role has he done any worse than Dorrans or Chalmers? But he won't get a look in now, he's way down the pecking order. 

I think he played for Stennt for a bit, I remember Fife elite sending him out to Spain to do a training camp. 

2 hours ago, Digs said:

He played with Albion Rovers and Brechin City on loan which was a higher level than East of Scotland. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Slight correction, he said he was keen to get out on loan. That doesn't mean it was going to be possible. 

I would imagine he discussed the possibility of going out on loan with Hughes and Meggle when he signed his extension,he wont improve not playing.

20 hours ago, rosythpar said:

I would imagine he discussed the possibility of going out on loan with Hughes and Meggle when he signed his extension,he wont improve not playing.

Totally agree. He did well when at East Fife by all acounts.

20 hours ago, rosythpar said:

He played with Albion Rovers and Brechin City on loan which was a higher level than East of Scotland. 

I'd actually forgotten about those, so fair play, although I'd say there's an argument to be made as to whether it is a higher level 😂

• Upvote 1

On 09/03/2022 at 10:32, Digs said:

If that's what's going on then it's an utterly ****e way to be running the club.  First team places are to be earned,  not given because you're one of the best young players, but given if your one of the best players regardless of age. We are in absolutely no position to be thinking of anything other putting the best 11 on the pitch.

On Fenton I believe he was due to go out on loan to Gala which was why we had a bounce game against them but they had too many on loan already. 

Edited by parsforlife

On 11/03/2022 at 21:47, parsforlife said:

If that's what's going on then it's an utterly ****e way to be running the club.  First team places are to be earned,  not given because you're one of the best young players, but given if your one of the best players regardless of age. We are in absolutely no position to be thinking of anything other putting the best 11 on the pitch.

On Fenton I believe he was due to go out on loan to Gala which was why we had a bounce game against them but they had too many on loan already. 

You've maybe slightly misunderstood my point. I wasn't saying they are giving them a deal and a first team slot to do this, just that they are giving them a deal. Hughes picking them is another matter. We've had plenty of young players getting deals in the past and barely getting any minutes.