Ayr Utd v Pars

Superally

The league season reaches the half-way point as the Pars head to Ayr for their last game of 2023. After the Pars managed to grab a point with a Wighton last minute goal in what can only be descried as a dismal performance I can only be reminded of our first half inept performance against Ayr at EEP last time both teams met where Ayr ran out 1-0 winners. Hopefully the Pars will have a wee bit more about them to ensure a competent performance this time round. Injuries once more seem to be the significant feature of our season thus far – added to the list is Hamilton & McCann who join Tod & KRH. Breen had an outing last time round and hopefully that will help in terms of match fitness. Fisher must be there or thereabouts and Bene hopefully might make the bench this time out. However, the constant shuffling of positions is giving the team an unsettled feel. The Honest Men sit 6th in the league with 18pts, 2 places and 4pts behind the Pars in fourth. Recent form suggests the Pars have an advantage however they will have to be playing better than their last two games if they are to take something from the match. The Pars form away from home is better and I think McPake will be ensuring that the Pars wont be as overwhelmed as they were at Gayfield. I think the Pars will maintain their gap over Ayr in another tight fixture with a 2-1 away win

• Upvote 2

I think we have all seen enough of the teams in the championship to say there is not a lot between them all 

Its all on the day and can go either way most games  .. Mistakes .. hitting the woodwork .. injury .. great saves .. great blocks 

If we can start the first half like our second halves I fancy us to win .. 1-2

Jump up to the Premier and Celtic had 74% possession today .. 38 shots and 23 corners !! 

• Upvote 1

McPake is indicating Hammy Might be back for the rovers game albeit he will need a protective mask similar to Todd's. Better news about McCann as it don't seem to be that serious but will need to have his scan results back before he can be considered. Fisher is back and Bene seems to have trained well but has a element of stiffness so they are cautious about him - possibly the bench

I think Ayr's Chalmers is a player to watch and he opened us up last time round, so I suppose its what we can do to neutralise him. I think i'll go for

Mehmet

Comrie Breen Fisher

O'Halloran Chalmers Otto Edwards

Moffat Todd

Wighton

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Superally said:

McPake is indicating Hammy Might be back for the rovers game albeit he will need a protective mask similar to Todd's. Better news about McCann as it don't seem to be that serious but will need to have his scan results back before he can be considered. Fisher is back and Bene seems to have trained well but has a element of stiffness so they are cautious about him - possibly the bench

I think Ayr's Chalmers is a player to watch and he opened us up last time round, so I suppose its what we can do to neutralise him. I think i'll go for

Mehmet

Comrie Breen Fisher

Moffat Todd

Wighton

Generally agree, Would swap fisher and breen tho.  Fisher played the middle role a few times and did ok, breen played it once(possibly the home game vs ayr?) and struggled.

10 hours ago, Superally said:

Mehmet

Comrie Breen Fisher

Moffat Todd

Wighton

This could well be our starting XI but maybe a 3-5-2 with Otoo at the back with Fisher and Breen and Comrie and Edwards pushing up as wing backs when we have possession. That might mean O'Halloran dropping to the bench, though.....