Pars v Morton

Our new defender played well last week as a natural defender but our play out from the back did not suit him today….maybe because we don’t have a guy up top that can control a ball.

in going to say this now… Chalmers has been brutal for weeks. He can’t control a ball and pass forward. He’s so frustrating to watch.

plus the guys on subs bench still there and 2 players that haven’t done much down south getting played ahead of them.. great for their confidence🤷🤷

1 hour ago, Secure Par said:

iv got a feeling McPake is ****ed off looking at him in the dugout today.😅

When interviewed on TV after the QP game, he said we need help. I know he wasn't asking me, so maybe he was dropping a hint to his master's. He looked done. Maybe he'll walk away. Difference between him or Grant and Hughes is, he has had us playing decent stuff, up until a few months ago. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

When interviewed on TV after the QP game, he said we need help. I know he wasn't asking me, so maybe he was dropping a hint to his master's. He looked done. Maybe he'll walk away. Difference between him or Grant and Hughes is, he has had us playing decent stuff, up until a few months ago. 

I think it’s like ****ing in the wind with McPake now… he needs players and got 2 that tbh can’t compete in the championship. What does he do now??  Talk to our German investors and Mr Cook… where is this mr cook  and his influence on the team etc?

Oh yea, let’s also remember this is yet another game our defacto owners haven’t bothered their arse to attend,  now I’m not checking every week but how often are they there? Must be a tiny amount of matches, have they even attended double figures since they came in? 

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Oh yea, let’s also remember this is yet another game our defacto owners haven’t bothered their arse to attend,  now I’m not checking every week but how often are they there? Must be a tiny amount of matches, have they even attended double figures since they came in? 

Covid was the excuse initially but they've barely been seen since everything opened up.

They did say that some folk play golf in retirement but have chosen to run a football club. A pet project and that's exactly what they're giving us.  A half ***ed project with half ***ed ideas about youth being the way forward.

No understanding of who's going to mentor the youth or the need to maintain a successful first team whilst their pet project of building an academy seems more out of place than ever. Ram your academy guys, you are taking us into yet another relegation battle to the 3rd tier of Scottish football. They have been nothing other than a disaster since the took ownership of our club.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, livipar2 said:

Manager hasn’t been backed in the last few transfer windows. This recent one has been the worst.

I wonder how high up his list of targets Holmes, Benjamin and MFW were…….

Using the u23 English market is what relegated Falkirk I think. Meggle has a lot to answer for.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Using the u23 English market is what relegated Falkirk I think. Meggle has a lot to answer for.

Yip, I’m loath to criticise the manager and players. Blame for me sits with the one dimensional recruitment model.