Fan Banter

During the Forest - Liverpool game on MOTD last night, the commentator mentioned that the home fans regaled Darwin Nunez when he came on as a sub with "You`re just a... sub standard Andy Carroll." 😃 

I`m sure most folk watching would have seen the funny side of that, although Nunez himself was probably none the wiser. He had the last laugh though, scoring the only goal of the game after 99 mins.

What`s the funniest banter you`ve heard at a game?

Very silly stuff but one game at Brechin, an ex Falkirk boy was getting absolute pelters (his name escapes me) but he turned round and shouted "shut it ye speccy bast@rd" at one fan. Cue laughs all around including player and fan in question. 

31 minutes ago, Eastendtales said:

Very silly stuff but one game at Brechin, an ex Falkirk boy was getting absolute pelters (his name escapes me) but he turned round and shouted "shut it ye speccy bast@rd" at one fan. Cue laughs all around including player and fan in question. 

I am sure that I have read this story before but wasn't it one of the ex Rovers Dougie Hill or Allan Walker?

2 hours ago, GG Riva said:

During the Forest - Liverpool game on MOTD last night, the commentator mentioned that the home fans regaled Darwin Nunez when he came on as a sub with "You`re just a... sub standard Andy Carroll." 😃 

I`m sure most folk watching would have seen the funny side of that, although Nunez himself was probably none the wiser. He had the last laugh though, scoring the only goal of the game after 99 mins.

What`s the funniest banter you`ve heard at a game?

Didn't they do the last game too and he ended up scoring?

Might have been Burnley.

4 hours ago, Al k said:

Didn't they do the last game too and he ended up scoring?

Might have been Burnley.

They've been singing that at Núñez since he arrived at Anfield. Safe to say he's considerably better than Andy Carroll :-)