East End Park Fan Zone

It's a pity none of our games were Saturday/Sunday 3pm , as the weather can make a difference. Looks like outside catering vans will be in use. I might even give the first game a try, then if I enjoy it, maybe think about another. It might bring the club  £100000 in gate receipts over the 3 matches. I suppose the experience could be a great one, especially if we win. Oh! It's the Germans in their back yard. 😆 

Can only commend the club for trying to do things differently off the pitch so to speak.

David Cook did say when he joined that they would try and be innovative and look at alternate revenue streams.

If looking at SKY subscription etc amongst other things then it is clear they are looking to improve the overall fan experience which is overdue but appreciate there's no unlimited budget.

Fingers crossed that this is a success!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Pricy stuff. Will probably be chilly late on too, wonder if Stagecoach are going to put on extra buses from Dunfermline after the games?

I've no experience of a fanzone in Scotland whatsoever. Have there ever been any? What about abroad? Are these prices really high compared to a fanzone in other countries?

I've just bought our usual seats for the first game in the Norrie. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't afford to go to Germany so want to do something different from the usual pub or man-cave type thing. If it's ****e I'll give it a miss for the other games.

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I've no experience of a fanzone in Scotland whatsoever. Have there ever been any? What about abroad? Are these prices really high compared to a fanzone in other countries?

I've just bought our usual seats for the first game in the Norrie. I'm really looking forward to it. I can't afford to go to Germany so want to do something different from the usual pub or man-cave type thing. If it's ****e I'll give it a miss for the other games.

I can't remember ever being or hearing of a fan zone in Scotland. 

Been to one in Switzerland. Was free during the 2010 World cup. 

Portugal had free fan zones during 2018 as well when I was there. 

Will be in the two in Cologne during June, also free to get in. 

Happy to see the club try this out but I would have thought a tenner a head would have been fine, but if they make a bit of cash from it then it's a success.

10 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

I've been to a fan zone in England, I want to say it was a tenner but you got a free pint with that. 

The one I'm going to in Stuttgart is free however I never expected that. 

My biggest concern is that if you're going in a group then being in tiered seating is a bit of a pain if you're planning on being there a prolonged time, the fan zone I went to in England had loads of benches so sitting in a group was allot easier, you had somewhere to put your food and you weren't getting up and down every 2 minutes because someone in your row is going for a pish/food/pint. 

I loved the idea, I had reservations about sitting in a stand and now the pricing has just led to me rather going to a pub/mates house. 

4 hours ago, Eastendtales said:

Happy to see the club try this out but I would have thought a tenner a head would have been fine, but if they make a bit of cash from it then it's a success.

Well I've got 8 of us going & 3 of them lick lino every other Saturday. They aren't too pleased that we're getting there £45 so it's all good!

Just noticed the £15 includes free bus travel so that's a wee saving for those like me & the troops travelling thro from KDY.

Edited by da_no_1
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Well I've got 8 of us going & 3 of them lick lino every other Saturday. They aren't too pleased that we're getting there £45 so it's all good!

Just noticed the £15 includes free bus travel so that's a wee saving for those like me & the troops travelling thro from KDY.

I honestly hope it's a massive success and you have a great time. 

I'm delighted the club are looking at utilising the space at EEP for different things. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

They should be delighted, given their bloody success rate at EEP this season.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Grant said:

My biggest concern is that if you're going in a group then being in tiered seating is a bit of a pain

Yeah, that was the reason I felt it would be better if fans were on the pitch. Obviously that's not feasible, but it's a shame, would have been fun. Could imagine kids (and big kids) having a wee kickabout on the EEP surface too.

It's looking extremely unlikely that I will make it south for any of the games so I emailed the mayor of the town I live in and played on my belief that I am the only Scot in Osterode to ask if he was considering setting up a fan zone here, as there really isn't much to do as it is like Inverkeithing with fewer pubs, and more supermarkets and Greek restaurants.  He emailed me back asking me to be patient and he would get back to me.  I am hoping that him being a friend of my wife's family will sway it but time's getting tight...

Also, for people going to Germany there has been a law change.  Individuals are permitted to have up to 25g of cannabis on them for personal use.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Deutsch Par said:

It's looking extremely unlikely that I will make it south for any of the games so I emailed the mayor of the town I live in and played on my belief that I am the only Scot in Osterode to ask if he was considering setting up a fan zone here, as there really isn't much to do as it is like Inverkeithing with fewer pubs, and more supermarkets and Greek restaurants.  He emailed me back asking me to be patient and he would get back to me.  I am hoping that him being a friend of my wife's family will sway it but time's getting tight...

Also, for people going to Germany there has been a law change.  Individuals are permitted to have up to 25g of cannabis on them for personal use.  

Something different at least.

Just showing this to someone and his immediate question was - what if it rains? I'm hoping the club/organisers have a contingency plan for that! Maybe the screens are built to be waterproof.

Hopefully the artist's impression is also an accurate weather forecast though :-)

EDIT - have emailed them to ask about rain, and also to see if they can tell us the exact sizes of the screens. I'm just slightly concerned about how easy/difficult it'll be for people to see them from the back of the Norrie (assuming that it sells that well of course)

Said in my email that I'd share the answers here, so will do if I get a reply.