East End Park Fan Zone

Good to see the club trying new things, hope it's a success and I'll be trying it out. 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/24227195.dunfermlines-east-end-park-set-host-euro-2024-fan-zone/

My initial worry, is that I hope they install TVs in the concourse if that's where the Bar will be, it'll fair ruin your experience if you miss half the game queuing for a pint in the concourse. 

If is was here I would probably avoid fanzone type things and just head to the pub, but good on the club for trying something different.

Hopefully all goes well (also hopefully decent weather), but guessing it will be folk in stand and concourse, with our season starting early July can't see them allowing folk on the pitch in a concert like set-up.

50 minutes ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Checked out the artists impression, that looks tinpot ****e

Don't think you should pay much attention to that tbh as is all guesswork

I seen last night Big Country are playing in Stuttgart the night before the final game as part of one of the tartan army parties, bought a few tickets for it,

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

If is was here I would probably avoid fanzone type things and just head to the pub, but good on the club for trying something different.

Hopefully all goes well (also hopefully decent weather), but guessing it will be folk in stand and concourse, with our season starting early July can't see them allowing folk on the pitch in a concert like set-up.

Don't think you should pay much attention to that tbh as is all guesswork

I seen last night Big Country are playing in Stuttgart the night before the final game as part of one of the tartan army parties, bought a few tickets for it,

Do you have ticket link please

I love this idea, will definitely consider coming over for it.

Agreed with Grant's point about having TVs in the concourse, and I hope they'll aim for as big a screen as possible, as the artist's impression looks a bit small to me.

Not sure what the situation will be re having a beer in the stand during the match - obviously not allowed at matches, but would this count?

In a way, I wonder if it might be better to have the screen in the stand and the fans on the pitch, but not sure what the grounds people would think of that :-)

I was at the Nazareth gig at East End few year back, the stage was on the pitch in front of the main stand. That worked well enough. It really depends on screen size, beer and food service, weather on the day etc, but the club are definitely right to try it out.

On 04/04/2024 at 09:45, Grant said:

Good to see the club trying new things, hope it's a success and I'll be trying it out. 

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/24227195.dunfermlines-east-end-park-set-host-euro-2024-fan-zone/

My initial worry, is that I hope they install TVs in the concourse if that's where the Bar will be, it'll fair ruin your experience if you miss half the game queuing for a pint in the concourse. 

There’s already TV’s in the concourse of the Norrie, has been for years. 

I do know that the club are looking into getting loads of TV’s installed anyway and new ones in Legends/Charlie D’s and are also considering a Sky subscription too, costs permitting. 

12 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

In a way, I wonder if it might be better to have the screen in the stand and the fans on the pitch, but not sure what the grounds people would think of that :-)

Absolutely zero chance of that happening so close to the season. You’d need to put boards down to protect the grass from the inevitable crap that will get dropped by the crowd as well as the volume of people standing and walking around on it, even then the boards being down for that length of time would literally kill the grass. It would absolutely wreck an already fragile surface.

23 minutes ago, Digs said:

Absolutely zero chance of that happening so close to the season. You’d need to put boards down to protect the grass from the inevitable crap that will get dropped by the crowd as well as the volume of people standing and walking around on it, even then the boards being down for that length of time would literally kill the grass. It would absolutely wreck an already fragile surface.

Fag butts.