East End Park Fan Zone

1 hour ago, Digs said:

Absolutely zero chance of that happening so close to the season. You’d need to put boards down to protect the grass from the inevitable crap that will get dropped by the crowd as well as the volume of people standing and walking around on it, even then the boards being down for that length of time would literally kill the grass. It would absolutely wreck an already fragile surface.

Yeah, agreed, no chance of it - in an ideal world though, it would probably be better that way.

4 minutes ago, Grant said:

The prices have been released and I can't help but think we've got it wrong tbh. Everyone I know has immediately went cold at the idea. 

Agreed, when it was said Scotland games would be ticketed I thought fair enough got to manage numbers for them and thought it would be a reasonably nominal fee, possibly that could be exchanged for a drink. I don’t see what £15 gets me

27 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Price well ott. Add in a couple drinks and food, gtf.

All just to watch a game on tv. Shambles 

£40 for 3 games. Reasonable. How would you have priced it?

it’s something differently and done well it could be really good.

14 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

£40 for 3 games. Reasonable. How would you have priced it?

it’s something differently and done well it could be really good.

It could be, but for it to go well if needs significant buy in, if it gets it at this price I’d be delighted for the club in the cash it would bring in, but if as I suspect the pricing kills a lot of interest and they only get a few hundred along then it would have killed the little ‘difference’ factor that pubs will offer

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It could be, but for it to go well if needs significant buy in, if it gets it at this price I’d be delighted for the club in the cash it would bring in, but if as I suspect the pricing kills a lot of interest and they only get a few hundred along then it would have killed the little ‘difference’ factor that pubs will offer

Fair comment. Looks like quite a few shifted already.

The match only lasts 90 minutes, so if they can get the pre entertainment right, it could be a decent day out for adults and kid's. A tenner probably would have been more appealing, but they are trying something different. If the first match does well, then surely the next one will go even better regarding attendance. I'm sure the overheads won't be cheap and working day staff will have to be paid. I wouldn't right this aff.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

The match only lasts 90 minutes, so if they can get the pre entertainment right, it could be a decent day out for adults and kid's. A tenner probably would have been more appealing, but they are trying something different. If the first match does well, then surely the next one will go even better regarding attendance. I'm sure the overheads won't be cheap and working day staff will have to be paid. I wouldn't right this aff.

Agree with all of that, especially about staff being paid. That, plus the costs of hiring the big screens, etc means this was never going to just be a token price.

Good to see there's an option to buy all 3 matches for what would work out at £11.66 per match.

The real rub will be what is charged for food and drinks. It'll likely be pricier than in local pubs, but hopefully not too much more.

I just hope the club get the fundamentals right in terms of the technology, the catering infrastructure and the ticketing. The last thing we need is people having a bad experience (especially missing any of the football itself) and getting aggro about it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Price well ott. Add in a couple drinks and food, gtf.

All just to watch a game on tv. Shambles 

It might be if it was the only way to see the game, but there's still all the usual options too.

People can just decide whether they think it's worth it or not, and if not they can stay home or go to the pub.