Pitch Being Replaced at East End Park

Does anyone know if it's being seeded or re-turfed? The latter option is more expensive but mature turf is less likely to cut up.

This will also be an opportunity for the club to have the undersoil heating system checked out.

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

Does anyone know if it's being seeded or re-turfed? The latter option is more expensive but mature turf is less likely to cut up.

This will also be an opportunity for the club to have the undersoil heating system checked out.

Looks from the picture it's being reseeded. 

4 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

I guess I his must have been deemed necessary, but it kind of surprises me that we're spending money on this.

Was the pitch really that bad (other than for a while after some ridiculous weather)?

I was in the main stand at the Queens Park game and was shocked at how bare it was in front of the dug-outs towards the away end. It looked terrible. Trust me you just don't appreciate how bad it is from the Norrie. 

58 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I was in the main stand at the Queens Park game and was shocked at how bare it was in front of the dug-outs towards the away end. It looked terrible. Trust me you just don't appreciate how bad it is from the Norrie. 

Fair enough 👍

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I agree the pitch looked terrible when I sat in the stand for hospitality for the Morton game, I usually sit in the Norrie and it doesn't come across as nearly as bad as it did. I was also there for the Queens Park game but there was just no improvement. Not an ideal extra expense but probably necessary. The grounds men do a terrific job but the broken pipe during the winter must have done more damage than we thought. 

12 minutes ago, Superally said:

I agree the pitch looked terrible when I sat in the stand for hospitality for the Morton game, I usually sit in the Norrie and it doesn't come across as nearly as bad as it did. I was also there for the Queens Park game but there was just no improvement. Not an ideal extra expense but probably necessary. The grounds men do a terrific job but the broken pipe during the winter must have done more damage than we thought. 

Hopefully they can take the opportunity to check for any other issues (although I guess that might mean digging up everything!)