Sky Box Sets

Vinnie

Very rarely do I watch any programmes straight off the telly these days.  Tend to download whole seasons of programmes on Sky Box Sets (funnily enough given the thread title). 

Watched and enjoyed West Wing, The Newsroom, and Justified, enjoyed all but the last season of Broadwalk Empire.  Looking for something new to watch so looking for recommendations. 

Thoughts folks?

The Walking Dead is **** hot. I've watched pretty much all there is to watch (except Game Of Thrones - just doesn't look like it would appeal to me, keep meaning to give it a bash but something else always comes up that looks better). I only watched The Walking Dead as I was running out of stuff and it was between that GoT... Chose zombies over horseback fantasy and it was a great decision. It's not really about the Zombies, it's about a group of survivors and it's very addictive.

Also, if anyone has seen Making A Murderer, then there's a programme on Sky Boxsets just now called The Jinx which I think you will like. It's about Bob Durst who was from a very rich ($800 odd million empire) New York family who owned lots of property. He's been accused of numerous murders and it's really intriguing.

Give Game of Thrones a bash Bob, I didn't think I'd be in to it but it's the best thing on TV IMO.

If Ray Donovan is on Sky Box sets I'd recommend that. The plot description on Wikipedia sums it up nicely.

The show takes place in Los Angeles, California, where Irish-American Ray Donovan (Liev Schreiber), originally from South Boston, works for the powerful law firm Goldman & Drexler, representing the rich and famous. Donovan is a "fixer": in criminal slang, a person who arranges for bribes or payoffs of corrupt police or government officials, or other criminals, to enable a criminal to avoid punishment. Ray experiences his own problems when his father, Mickey Donovan (Jon Voight), is unexpectedly released from prison, and the FBI attempts to bring down Ray and his associates.

I'll list my favourite boxsets here. All well worth a watch IMO...

1. The Wire

2. The Sopranos

3. Entourage

4. The Walking Dead

5. Sons of Anarchy

6. Suits

7. Breaking Bad

8. 24

9. Narcos

10. Prison Break

11. Dexter (crap ending but worth a watch)

12. Shameless (UK)

13. Homeland

14. Ray Donovan

15. Making A Murderer

16. The Newsroom

17. Luther

18. Curb Your Enthusiasm

19. Banshee

20. Eastbound & Down

I watched Boardwalk Empire from start to finish, but only because I had committed, found it pretty boring tbh. Gave up on True Detective as well, just couldn't get into. Will maybe give GoT a try at some point....

Archived