Lewis Martin

Deutsch Par

“He probably should have stopped before that but he said he was fine.”

This is annoying. If there's any risk of further injury then he should have recognised that and stopped. Oh well, hopefully it'll not be too much of a set-back for him! :)

To be fair, hamstrings are funny injuries, it can just feel like stiffness, or it can be totally fine and ping when you're completely warm. It's a fairly common injury after being out for a wee while. 4-6 weeks should see him fine. 

I'm sure he's also kicking himself for not stopping immediately too but that also comes with maturity. Older players know their bodies much better and tend to listen to it more carefully, and know when something might be up or is in the post, whereas youngsters, generally speaking, tend to feel a bit more invincible. 

We're struggling for cover at the back, if Big Ben was to get suspended Reid can play CB and Rooney or Geggan in at RB, but I wouldn't want to lose Geggan from the midfield as he's been brilliant this season and although I'm a fan of Rooney going forward he leaves a little to be desired defensively.

So yeah, this isn't great but we should see the season out no problem with who we've got barring any absolute catastrophes.

Archived