We're all going on a ....

...Summer Holiday.

Well, actually at the minute, I'm not. Trying to get a week away booked in late May instead this year when prices are a lot cheaper than July and August. Heck, I haven't even managed to make it down to a "wow" weekend in Blackpool yet this year !

Where is everybody off to on their travels this year ?

What's the fascination with Blackpool btw? It's genuinely one of the most disgusting places I've had the misfortune to visit. 

Been my favourite place to visit since I was young enough to remember and my kids love it too, so it does me.

Sure there are plenty of bits of it that are run down - pretty much one street back from the Prom now - but the new Promenade as well as recent investments from Merlin and the Pleasure Beach make it a great place to go.

I get that it's like Marmite to most people though.

I'm away quite a bit this year. 

Already been to Morocco, got a weekend at a Football Tournament in Manchester with my laddie next weekend (exotic I know), Icmeler in Turkey in July for a week, a weekend at Crieff Hydro (which was a prize from the wife's work to be fair), a weekend golfing at St Andrews with my mates in September and a week in Vegas in October.

Not that I like wishing my life away, but this year just seems to be constant calendar watching...:D

Guest The Beer Baron

No summer plans booked. Hoping to head back to Hungary and Lithuania though.

Will be driving by then, so also hoping to go on a tour of Britain, drive around the west coast etc.

Guest The Beer Baron

No summer plans booked. Hoping to head back to Hungary and Lithuania though.

Will be driving by then, so also hoping to go on a tour of Britain, drive around the west coast etc.

Need a navigator? 

If I want to spend time in the council estates of Ayr, I'll let you know.

Been away to Inverness for the weekend, going to Newcastle, York also for weekends.

Got Stone Roses in Manchester in June as well. Staying there the weekend.

No week away sorted yet but I'll probably be back to Salou or Palma Nova.

Archived