Albion Rovers - Title Win

Piracy

It's looking like we can win the title against Albion Rovers at their place.

It's going to be an absolute nightmare trying to get a match ticket. 

I can see Pars fans making the trip and sitting on the banking outside with a carry out.

Surely they must be looking at switching this game to a bigger stadium and being honest it'd benefit them financially.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll win the title on Saturday if we beat Brechin. That will give us 72 points - the 2 per game I predicted we'd need, early in the season - and Peterhead will not beat that. They'd have to win their last 5 games and we all know that ain't gonna happen..........

Put your party clothes on before the game, Piracy and we can start partying at 4.45 pm. It's your round, btw... ;-)

We'll win the title on Saturday if we beat Brechin. That will give us 72 points - the 2 per game I predicted we'd need, early in the season - and Peterhead will not beat that. They'd have to win their last 5 games and we all know that ain't gonna happen..........

Put your party clothes on before the game, Piracy and we can start partying at 4.45 pm. It's your round, btw... ;-)

Only if Peterhead lose. They still have 15 points to play for, and are currently 10 behind. We have 18 to play for. 

If we win, and they lose, they'd be 13 behind with only 12 to play for. If they draw and we win, arithmatecally, it would still be possible, on goal difference, albeit highly unlikely. 

I almost want it to go down to the second last game, just so I can watch that tossed Andy Rodgers have to applaud us into the pitch as champions in the last game at East End.

The ticket issue will be a real dilemma for the club, First come first serve or ST holders first? Nightmare

Even ST holders first will cause problems. Will it be one ticket per person?  You're looking at availability of 1 ticket for every 2.3 ST holders (roughly).

Some of our fans bleating about how Albion need to switch the venue are total wrong****s. 

We are in this league and playing at venues like Albion's because it is where we deserve to be.We need to suck it up and get on with it and make sure we get up. 

If you get on good luck to you, if not, deal with it.

I don't see anyone bleating, only fans wanting to see their team play. The venue is what it is and the majority do accept playing at these venues with enthusiasm. However we're on the edge of winning the title so you know people will be along to celebrate, 'wrong****s' or not. 

Prioritising ST holders will be unfair, I reckon upwards of 50% of ST holders only go to home games, so why should they get priority for this away game when they haven't been to any all season?

i get that it would annoy a lot of people but other wise just offering tickets to anyone you might end up getting people who only want to go to the big game really to make it fair it should be anyone who went to all the games last year haha giving the tickets to season ticket holders makes it easier for the club to manage 

Prioritising ST holders will be unfair, I reckon upwards of 50% of ST holders only go to home games, so why should they get priority for this away game when they haven't been to any all season?

Why has how many away games you've been to got anything to with the fact ST holders would get priority? Giving people preference because they spent money with other clubs, over people who put their money into the club up front to keep them ticking over during the close season is a ludicrous notion. 

I've only been to a couple of away games, so what? I've also got two season tickets, and spend nearly £30 at every home game in Charlie D's, the pie stall, 50/50's as well as the Lifeline, so frankly, I wouldn't lose any sleep over me getting a ticket and someone who had been to every away game not getting one. 

At the end of the day, no one type of fan is better than another. Giving ST holders first dibs has always been the way this has been done, and don't forget, only half of them would be able to buy a ticket anyway if they all applied. It's one of the perks of having a ST, as a reward for putting your hand in your pocket to keep the club running during the summer. 

Similarly, if it was just a straight general sale, and I missed out, I'd be gutted, but I'd also accept it. There's nothing else you can do. 

Archived