Faissal El Bakhtaoui

El Patrón

I see there are some rumours circulating that the Club are to offer him £2000 a month + Accomodation expenses. This seems fairly reasonable to me.

However some others are saying it is actually £2000 a WEEK............ I do not believe he is worth this much, nor is anyone worth this much to us. I cannot see the Club offering such a massive amount to anyone, especially after everything we have just been through - it would be scandalous to offer that.

The first offer of roughly £500 a week plus free digs (probably £500-£700 per month on top) is reasonable and sensible IMO. If he stays he stays, if he goes he goes, I do not think we should be breaking the bank for anyone. At the end of the day, he is still unproven in my eyes. Yes, he has had a tremendous season in League 1, but the Championship is a whole different ball game. It is a higher standard with better teams, so it will be interesting to see if he can keep up the same kind of performance level.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the club start paying anyone £2k a week I'll be demanding resignations from the board. 

But of course they won't, as the folk running the club aren't ****ing morons. I can't believe some of our fans would seriously suggest paying anyone £2k a week. Absolutely unreal. It's like they whole 'club nearly dying and now having to be self sufficient' stuff never happened to them. I can't actually fathom how any of our fans could actually think it would be a good idea to pay such wages to anyone.

El Patron also makes a good point about Fais being untested at a higher level.

The arguement appears to be that it is speculate to accumulate? I have never heard so much rubbish. Why take a gamble and pay someone £2k a week, on the 1 in a million chance you can command any sort of fee for him? It's ludicrous that anyone would think this was a good idea. I am glad our board have their heads screwed on.

Football fans ? ****holes - never EVER forget it..........................

You will upset Thailand based fans with that comment, DD.

You are, of course, correct.

Rumours about what is happening under Allan Johnston have always turned out to be utter ****e, thus proving that football fans are ****holes...

I'm pretty confident that the Board will have weighed up what we can afford to pay to keep him, but also as has been mentioned above, he is still a developing talent who has had one exceptional season.

I hope he stays, I really hope he stays.  But then I think the same about guys like Cardle, Geggan, Moffat, Falkingham, Talbot, Reid, BRE, Fordyce, etc too.

Absolute faith in our Board and management team.

Archived