Faissal El Bakhtaoui

El Patrón

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fais has had a great season but some are making out that he's way better than he is and that we'd be lost without him.

Obviously I hope he signs and he does add to the team, but if he doesn't it will hardly be a disaster. Which is why folk wanting to chuck crazy money at him is all the more idiotic 

This,

Scoring less goals,  losing more games , even being relegated. All possible (but not guaranteed ) if he doesn't sign and isn't replaced. **** happens, not a disaster .

Spending too much money, administration,  going out of business,  well that is disaster .

I'm glad I'm not alone in seeing the situation with Fais the same as the last post. Pay him what we can afford   or its cheerio and good luck. Delighted if he stays and then hopefully he will keep developing and score some goals for us. 

I hope he stays, more because it would be harder to replace him if he went.

There are no guarantees that he will reproduce his form of this season next year.  I think he'll have a decent season if he stays with us next year, but the return on goals will be a bit more modest I would think.

We have a sensible financial model in place now, and we can never go back to the days of paying over-inflated wages to players.

I remember reading one of the financial reports during the Masterton era, and we were paying 150% of our turnover on wages!!!

Pretty much echo the sentiments of most on this topic; he's a big player for us and will likely have a great future but if he turns down the best we can offer him then as much as I wish him all the best it won't be devastating if he moves on. 

Without knowing any of those running the club personally the impression you get is they are very astute and will always, first and foremost, put the good of the club first. Extortionate offers for one player doesn't chime with that kind of thinking or method of doing business. I also doubt they would allow figures from contract negotiations to leak out to all and sundry so I'm fairly confident that that p*sh on the other site is simply that, p*sh. 

There have been plenty other impressive strikers in our league this season who have scored plenty goals and probably not enjoyed the service that Faiss has - Spence and Robert Thomson are both on 15 goals each, a pretty good return considering where their respective clubs are.

There will be loads of players available once the season ends, and I am sure that AJ and SC will already have their targets for strengthening for next year.

Archived