Faissal El Bakhtaoui

El Patrón

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To suggest we pay players £1k per week is ludicrous. Even £750 a week is really stretching it if you just think about the maths. We need to be breaking even, and a few improved away gates won't negate operating losses should be rack them up. People are banking on certain teams bringing through a big support, but it's not guaranteed. Did you see how many fans Hibs took to Starks for the Alba game a few weeks ago? Mind when we played Falkirk midweek just after going administration? The away support then was only about 500/600.

You're forgetting that every team this year has brought about 75-100 if we're lucky, and we should break even this year. Next year, even if everyone only brought 500, that is a massive improvement before you even talk about the other financial factors. 

im not saying that's what everyone should get, I'm saying we may very well see most players getting an improved contract (deservedly) and some (the odd one or two) could be in the bracket we're talking about, albeit nearer the bottom end of £750. Thats not completely unrealistic. 

I think we'd all agree although worth a discussion as long as we reward players accordingly and within the limits of what we can afford then it's okay to speculate.

Live within our means, only way for the whole of our game not just the Pars. 

The topic is an offer of £2k a month and housing but the debate is the suggestion that we should be paying that to keep him - there isn't any suggestion that the club actually really are considering that amount (thankfully since that would be ludicrous)

£500 per week will probably be double what he is presently on, therefore represents a decent offer from the Board. The challenge arises when you have the likes of Fleetwood Town from the depths of League 1 in a position to offer £1300 per week with a £15k signing on fee. He could continue to develop and move on to greater things or he could fail to make the team and end up doing a Declan McManus and end up back in Scotland on loan.

So dotnet's most innaccurate but prolific gossip monger is at again is he. Lol

Ross is working his ass off to find common ground with the players we want to keep and their bloody agents. Bull**** rumours and speculation do not help of course but it's only human nature I suppose. Certainly a more grounded and realistic outlook on here though thankfully.

I just had a swing by .net to see the latest shenanagins and read the thread concerning Faiss. It's Renegade Master touting the £2k a week. He alwasy seems to think he's in the know for some reason, but I also believe this to be utter codswallop.

I had the dubious pleasure of reading that thread as well.

All I can say is it's obviously utter tripe.

Can't be bothered with all this type of stuff and the shame is that some believe this type of pure speculation thrown up as fact by the likes of the guy mentioned in your post.

Let the board do their job. 

Archived