November -good or bad month?

dpard

If we beat Raith in the derby, get to the semi of the Irn Bru cup, beat St Mirren to open a gap and then win at Buckie its been a good month, but lose those 4 games and its disaster time. Optimism or defeatism?  How will it go?? Is your glass half full or half empty??? (Not forgot about Utd away in league, just in terms of the season I dont think its as important as the other 4)

If the Pars were to lose the Buckie game it would arguably be the worst result in the clubs history - perhaps someone can think of a worse one. I think the repercussions would be far worse than a run of the mill cup exit and would hang over AJ for a long time. 

6 league points from Raith and St Mirren would be great, and in normal circumstances would be an okay return for the month, but in this instance a cup exit would be a disaster.

If the Pars were to lose the Buckie game it would arguably be the worst result in the clubs history - perhaps someone can think of a worse one. I think the repercussions would be far worse than a run of the mill cup exit and would hang over AJ for a long time. 

6 league points from Raith and St Mirren would be great, and in normal circumstances would be an okay return for the month, but in this instance a cup exit would be a disaster.

Agreed - the league is of more material value of course, but there's a significant symbolic importance to that cup game and a bad result would be likely to hamper the rest of our season. I'm confident we'll get the job done up there though.

I'd go for winning every game.

That's how my mentality is before every game. I go to the game either hoping or convinced we can or will win the game we're about to play.

I'm venturing up to Buckie and I'm not going all that way to watch us lose to a team we should be beating. End of story on that game for me.

Of course the reality is it'll be a mixed bag and if we go a full month without defeat then I'll highly delighted.

Archived