Queensferry Crossing

Vinnie

Its been a few weeks now, and the queuing either side isnt really improving.  Despite a "smart" traffic management system, despite a shiny new Queensferry bypass, nothing has really changed?

Folk are calling for the FRB to be reopened... wont that be like sweeping a problem under the carpet? Folk suggesting "bridge tourism" will die down... I think that ship has sailed. Folk say "speed traffic up"... lets rush into the queues and lets pretend there is no traffic merging at from Ferrytoll or Queensferry.

Am I the only one beginning to think that planners got it all slightly wrong? 

Well the smart motorway stuff has been there for a good few years now and the Queensferry bypass doesn't really do anything that wasn't already done by the A90 so I'm not sure how it is meant to be any better at the moment? It still has 2 lanes and still has the junctions close to the bridge. Once the FRB is open to buses, hopefully the journey times are short enough to reduce the number of cars using the Queensferry Crossing so that will mean the times will be improved but that will be a few months off.

Is it a short term moan? And a longer term solution? The growing trend is more cars on the roads and more jobs moving to out of town spaces.  

I read recently that the new Edinburgh Gateway train/tram stop is being massively under used... Ferrytoll has been there for years and Im not convinced the 2 minutes saved by bus over the FRB will ever be that much of a draw for commuters.

Is it a short term moan? And a longer term solution? The growing trend is more cars on the roads and more jobs moving to out of town spaces.  

I read recently that the new Edinburgh Gateway train/tram stop is being massively under used... Ferrytoll has been there for years and Im not convinced the 2 minutes saved by bus over the FRB will ever be that much of a draw for commuters.

If it's only 2 minutes saved then it's not really a hardship for drivers on the QC, is it? :-)

• 2 months later...

Not much has been mentioned about the carry on with the roadworks and resurfacing of the new bridge, despite it only being three months old. 

Surely if this work was expected, the Government and/or Contractors could have set expectations a few months ago? 

Archived