Most ridiculous/lucky penalty you’ll see today

VOX

Seen a few of these over the years. Still utterly ridiculous that refs are considering them as scored.

Why?

At what point is the ball considered to be dead? 

I would have considered the ball dead if is moving away from goal.

however it seems ifab have clarified this as part of their re-wording of the rules to 'the ball has stopped moving' so it's them rather than the ref i actually have the problem with.

Seen a few of these over the years. Still utterly ridiculous that refs are considering them as scored.

Why?

At what point is the ball considered to be dead? 

I would have considered the ball dead if is moving away from goal.

however it seems ifab have clarified this as part of their re-wording of the rules to 'the ball has stopped moving' so it's them rather than the ref i actually have the problem with.

If you consider it dead as it's moving away from goal does that mean a shot that hits the post then rebounds off the keeper and goes in shouldn't be allowed in a penalty shootout? It's a bit lucky for the scorer and unlucky for the keeper but if it happens really quickly can you always tell that's happened?

''however it seems ifab have clarified this as part of their re-wording of the rules to 'the ball has stopped moving' so it's them rather than the ref i actually have the problem with.''

Isn't the ball also dead as soon as another player, including the goalie, touches it, or has that rule been amended? In such a scenario, if the goalie partially saved it, but then it squirmed over the line, it would not be a goal. Or maybe I'm thinking of a pen awarded at the very end of a game, where the ref extends the time to allow the kick to be taken? (It is a bit early in the morning, in my defence.)

Archived