Bands you've seen

Piracy

I've seen hundreds over the years but here's a list of who I can remember off hand.

Status Quo, UFO, The Buzzcocks, The Ruts, Stiff Little Fingers, The Skids, The Beat, Bad Manners, The Specials, Madness, Big Country, The Mission, The Pogues, Simple Minds, David Bowie, Rolling Stones, Public Enemy, Stone Roses, Van Morrison, Nazareth, U2 etc

Only act I like and haven't seen is Bruce Springsteen. I need to sort that one out.

Give us a quick list of sone of the bands you've seen and who you'd like to see.

I think my generation has been a bit lucky in Scotland with the amount of festivals we have had with TITP being a flag ship. It allows you to see a load if bands in the one place and several times, I probably couldn't name them all off the top of my head. here's a go, I might try and add more when I mind them. I actually still keep ticket stubs(which barret slagged me for the other week) where I can and have a shoe box with them at my dads that I probably need to look through. For young and up and coming bands there's a decent app called bands in town I use, basically tells you a list of gigs in a certain area, great if you wanted to just go and see a random young band for something to do

ACDC Mettalica, Rage against the machine, libertines, Aerosmith, Kasabian, Libertines, Kings of Lion, Oasis, Stone roses, Iron Maiden, Manic street preachers, Primal scream, Foo fighters, the who, Guns n roses, Ramstein, Slash, the view, courteeners, slayer, megadeath, anthrax,green day prodigy 

I wouldn't mind seeing Pearl Jam, a wee bit gutted I didn't get tickets for them at Wembley this year.

@Keyser Soze, you could probably name a fair few that I have forgotten and some of your own

In 1977/1978 I saw: Skids, Richard Hell and the Void-oids, Clash, Damned, Dead Boys, Rezillos, Devo, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Boomtown Rats, 999, Rich Kids, Slits, Siousxie and the Banshees, Ultravox, Spizz Oil, Valves, Wreckless Eric, Wayne County and the Electric Chairs, Stranglers, Suicide, Scars, Only Ones, Cuban Heels plus some forgotten support bands

Was that all in Dunfermline Fu? 

I have seen some on the list, but decades later and not at their peak. 

27 minutes ago, Fu_Manchu said:

In 1977/1978 I saw: Skids, Richard Hell and the Void-oids, Clash, Damned, Dead Boys, Rezillos, Devo, Ian Dury and the Blockheads, Boomtown Rats, 999, Rich Kids, Slits, Siousxie and the Banshees, Ultravox, Spizz Oil, Valves, Wreckless Eric, Wayne County and the Electric Chairs, Stranglers, Suicide, Scars, Only Ones, Cuban Heels plus some forgotten support bands

4 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

4 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

Some were Dunfermline: Skids, Richard Hell, Clash, Rezillos, Valves, Wreckless Eric, Ultravox, Wayne County, Stranglers, Scars, Suicide. The rest in Edinburgh at the Odeon, Tiffanys and Clouds. The Damned did play Dunfermline in 79.

I forgot one Fu thinking about Dunfermline, Dr Feelgood in the Warehouse in about 1985. First time I seen Nazareth was in the Warehouse around that time as well. Full line up and it wasn't even full.

Another great  Dunfermline gig was the full Big Country line up doing an acoustic set up in the upstairs room in the Castleton.

Have seen loads of bands but not so much in recent years

Queen, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Who, Rolling Stones, Elton John, Paul McCartney & Wings, Status Quo, Simple Minds, Nazareth, Big Country, Skids, Madness, Hue & Cry, Stranglers,  Clash, Rezillos, Ultravox, Springsteen, AC/DC, Michael Buble, Genesis, Dire Straits, The stranglers, The Beat, Bad Manners, The Specials, Motorhead, Blue Oyster Cult, Slade Black Sabbath, Hawkwind Rainbow Deep Purple Robbie Williams, The Australian Pink Floyd

I'll probably add to this.............

In no particular order... AWB (many times), Iron Maiden (3 times), KISS (without make up), Bon Jovi, MSG, Marillion , Saxon (Saxon!), Rod Stewart, James Brown, Tony Bennett (Tony Bennett, Pars fans...in Las Vegas too..), Aerosmith with Jimmy Page at Donington, Whitesnake, Naz at the fkn Legion, Red hot Chilli Peppers at Brixton Academy with Adam Warlock, who punched their pus, Janes Addiction, Wendy & Lisa, everybody at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert in London (including such luminaries as Def Leppard, Guns 'n' Roses, Metallica and a quite spectacular duet with David Bowie and Annie Lennox), Genesis, Doves, Ronnie James Dio , Buzzcocks, The OJays etc..

As far as bands I would have liked to have seen, I'm immensely jealous of oor Fu Manchu because I really love the Boomtown Rats, top band... I'd also liked to have seen Scorpions and AC/DC... och well, I've not done too bad I suppose ...

Forgot about Blackfoot at The Marquee... greatest Southern Rock band of all time...

Truthfully though, Tony Bennett was the only one who brought me to tears... some boy..

Been to Rewind a few times lately - do I include them? The likes of TPau, The Human League, James Brown, Billy Ocean, Belinda Carlisle, Hue and Cry, Midge Ure - they only do a few songs though.

T in the Park has been good for seeing a mad mix of bands - Coldplay, Prodigy, Robbie Williams, Supernaturals, Moby, Mogwai - and many more that I was too mortal to remember.

Bands Ive actually paid for to specifically see include Oasis, Pulp, Ocean Colour Scene, and the Stereophonics.  Theyve been supported by the likes of Black Grape, Manic Street Preachers, Kasabian, Cast, the Bootleg Beatles. 

Oasis - SECC & Murrayfield

Noel Gallaghers HFB's - Usher Hall, SECC, Edinburgh Castle, TITP & The Hydro

Kasabian - TITP & Alhambra

The View - PJs (Kyle also solo gig at PJs)

Stereophonics - Usher Hall, SECC

Generally been lucky as said above with TITP being 20mins up the road for the majority of our youth....... Seen everyone from the Arctic Monkeys & the Roses to Beyonce and Tom Jones up there. One of the best nights I had was probably the Swedish House Mafia in 2011. There wasn't a great lineup on the Saturday night, so ended up watching (perving) on Beyonce, then headed over to the Swedish House Mafia set while Coldplay were on the main stage (not ar$ed for Coldplay)..... I was dubious of having DJs playing on a stage at a festival, but it was absolutely bouncing.

Guest The Beer Baron

Not a huge gig person, but seen The Darkness and The Manic Street Preachers both at The Barrowlands. TMSP were on my bucket list to see and they were fantastic, as were the Darkness.

Also saw a few acts in Lithuania a few years back including Bastille and John Newman, the latter was sensational.

The Who.The Stones, B52s, Julian Cope. Echo and the Bunneymen, Killing Joke, U2 , Stereo MCs, Dire Straits(dire), Crowded House, The Kinks, Stranglers, Damned,Paul Young, Danny Wilson. China Crisis, Spandaus, Duran Duran, The Nolans, 10000 Maniacs, Theatre of Hate, Skids, Faithless, Stereophonics, Lotus Eaters,Gary Moore, Bluebells, Simple Minds , Squeeze. Level 42 , Was not Was (superb) Icicle Works, Wall of Voodoo, Spear of Destiny, Alice Cooper, Eminem, Marilyn Manson. The Cult, Hanoi Rocks, Oasis, Naz, Katrina and the Waves, Yardbirds, Gary Glitter, Big Country, Lennie Kravitz, Wet Wet Wet, PJ Harvey, Faithless , Placebo, Rezillos, Armoury Show, The Fall(bleuch), New Model Army, Status Quo, Grace Jones, The View, Paulo Nutini, Fiction Factory, Hue and Cry, INXS, It Bites, Joe Strummer and the Mescalaros, The Undertones, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Icehouse, The Banshees, Jesus Jones, Thomson Twins, The Strokes, Hazel OConnor, Deacon Blue, Hipsway, Grandmaster flash and Aye Hobos.

Archived