Alex Salmond Crowdfunding

Vinnie

Guest The Beer Baron

Literally everyone's tactic at indyref was defect. I remember standing listening to a guy on Union Street talking about Salmons and him claiming money back for Tartan trousers, to the delight of a bunch of coffin dodgers around him.

That was Jim Murphy. **** **** **** ****

Murphy is charlatan of the highest order as the subsequent rapid unraveling of his career demonstrated.

I would say Eck, for all his faults, looked like a statesman compared to Murphy during the campaign. It is after the campaign that he has started to lose respect rapidly.

I had a quick look on Wings over Bath today. Jesus Wept! 

7 hours ago, Piracy said:

Astute and accurate as usual.

This guy is an effective political figure who has achieved great things but has let his ego destroy him. Like Tommy Sheridan and various others.

He's doing this to show power.

His tactics during the 2014 Indyref were disparage and deflect. Kept the real scrutiny off the SNP whilst rubbishing the opposition. This charade is a deflection from the real issue which is sexual harrassment claims against him.

He's an egotistical manipulator and his cult type following are lapping it up.

Sturgeon called it like it is and must be gutted with Salmond. She's worth 10 of the fool.

I'm rarely astute AND accurate, usually one or the other at best :-)

It amuses and disgusts me that some folk are trying to make this harm the independence movement.

Firstly, independence isn't about the SNP.

Secondly, are folk genuinely saying they would no longer vote for us to govern ourselves and not be handcuffed to a parliament full of a horrible aloof elite filled with nonces, racists, homophobes, misogynists, bigots and general scum who dictate policies that kill people and try to pretend that austerity is for the common good and not another way to line their pockets, as well as being handcuffed to their ****head whims driven only by staying in power and making themselves money, such a Brexit, simply because a guy who used to be First Minister may or may not have been a horrible scumbag at some point?

Surely not? Folk aren't stupid to decide such a massive issue on the basis of the personality of one man? 

Surely?

Guest The Beer Baron
21 hours ago, Captain Deadpool said:

It amuses and disgusts me that some folk are trying to make this harm the independence movement.

Firstly, independence isn't about the SNP.

Secondly, are folk genuinely saying they would no longer vote for us to govern ourselves and not be handcuffed to a parliament full of a horrible aloof elite filled with nonces, racists, homophobes, misogynists, bigots and general scum who dictate policies that kill people and try to pretend that austerity is for the common good and not another way to line their pockets, as well as being handcuffed to their ****head whims driven only by staying in power and making themselves money, such a Brexit, simply because a guy who used to be First Minister may or may not have been a horrible scumbag at some point?

Surely not? Folk aren't stupid to decide such a massive issue on the basis of the personality of one man? 

Surely?

TESTIFY!

2 hours ago, Superally said:

I feel that while he is entitled to do this, I don't think the crowd funding is doing him any favours. The politician in him should have recognised that. 

It makes him look like as if hes some sort of poor victim.  I think the majority of observers will know that not to be case, and I agree, I suspect such a pretence is likely to dilute his support - except for those that paid into his fund.

I heard yesterday that has fund has now been blocked after reaching £100k.

20 minutes ago, Captain Deadpool said:

What do you mean by 'blocked'? Blocked by who?

It was closed by the folk running it.

Only repeating what I heard on the radio - perhaps some lazy journalism, perhaps I wasn't fully listening?  Either way, blocked and closed aren't a million miles apart in the context of the fact no more money can be contributed.

I wait with bated breath for you to point the difference out to us all

Archived