Alex Salmond Crowdfunding

Vinnie

Folk do seem desperate to defend or condemn him even though they have no clue what's went on.

Hopefully we get a proper investigation,we find out what's happened and he's either cleared or punished.

People seem to forget there's either 2 women sexually assaulted here(or feel they have at least) or a man accused of assault when he's innocent.

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

None which answers the question of whether its right or wrong that he is crowdfunding his defence

My answer centred around the second point of people supporting him however..

It's peoples own money if they choose to donate if that answers your question sufficiently enough?

52 minutes ago, Captain Deadpool said:

The crowdfunding isn't for his defence. It's for his case against the Scottish government's procedures.

Very poor to try and make out that it is for his defence from the allegations. Propaganda like even, and hints at ulterior motives.

I would say though that folk who are donating to this are ****ing mentalists. 

Actually someone clear this up becuaseI havnt been following it as close as some, are SNP supporters paying for the legal action against their own government/party? Or is it the civil service part of government?

12 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Actually someone clear this up becuaseI havnt been following it as close as some, are SNP supporters paying for the legal action against their own government/party? Or is it the civil service part of government?

From what I read, the press are unclear what hes using the money for.

If hes battling the Holyrood investigation thats an internal issue within Holyrood and Holyrood picks up the bill? 

I'm no Tory, but this rings true..

Scottish Conservatives claim the decision is "astonishing" since it means Scotland "now faces the incredible and unprecedented situation of it's most famous former First Minister appealing to SNP supporters for cash to take legal action against the government he used to run..."

Make of that what you will...

Apparently Putin TV doesn't pay enough?

Of course, it's not that, he's got plenty of money so why do a public crowdfunding campaign?

IMO this is really about making a show of his public support to try discourage the existing complainant and any others who might be out there* with similar stories. It's also about taking control of the narrative, as was his decision to resign from the party before he could be suspended (although, tbh,that probably could have happened, at least temporarily, before he had the chance to do it himself).

* And without actually accusing him of anything here, this current story isn't the first time I've heard rumours of this kind about him.

Im surprised he quit.  I think quitting is almost an admission of guilt.  With his ego, I thought he'd have ridden out the storm - particularly if he is indeed innocent. 

@SanguineParmakes a great point about the optics of the support for his crowd funding.  Its the sort of trick Id expect from an old school politician. 

12 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

Apparently Putin TV doesn't pay enough?

Of course, it's not that, he's got plenty of money so why do a public crowdfunding campaign?

IMO this is really about making a show of his public support to try discourage the existing complainant and any others who might be out there* with similar stories. It's also about taking control of the narrative, as was his decision to resign from the party before he could be suspended (although, tbh,that probably could have happened, at least temporarily, before he had the chance to do it himself).

* And without actually accusing him of anything here, this current story isn't the first time I've heard rumours of this kind about him.

Astute and accurate as usual.

This guy is an effective political figure who has achieved great things but has let his ego destroy him. Like Tommy Sheridan and various others.

He's doing this to show power.

His tactics during the 2014 Indyref were disparage and deflect. Kept the real scrutiny off the SNP whilst rubbishing the opposition. This charade is a deflection from the real issue which is sexual harrassment claims against him.

He's an egotistical manipulator and his cult type following are lapping it up.

Sturgeon called it like it is and must be gutted with Salmond. She's worth 10 of the fool.

Archived