I hate this league

D.A.F.C

Sorry, I know this sounds negative but I'm sick and tired of seeing our team try and play football and get zero protection from terrible incompetent referees. I've been watching football for thirty five years and have only ever watched three games where I've thought it was out of control. All in this league. Forfar at home, Peterhead at home and today.

Some of the tactics and antics should not be part of modern day football. Utterly horrific and out of place even on a rugby pitch. We are not suited to play in this league. Against Dundee yes they were much bigger but played fairly.

Utterly disgusted with some of the things witnessed today. Ayr are a good footballing side there was no need for it. Every week we are going to come up against thugs no other word for it. We need to get some hard nuts or it could be difficult to win it.

Feel like that game could be a massive result for our opponents. Just kick us off the park again. Football loses.

Having watched the ayr highlights I thought the first challenge on Josh was terrible. Definite red. I jumped up and shouted this at the game. Surprised many others didn't. The tackle on Fordyce I wasn't sure about but because of the reactions of the other fans I thought it was bad. Turns out it was a freak accident. Tackle wasn't too bad. Maybe not even a foul. The two elbows dunno possible red cards.

The tackle on Fordyce was made at pace and with no control.  A wholly unnecessary challenge.  It looked pretty horrific from where I was sitting, and I've seen cards issued for much less.

Desperate to get back into the Championship, even just for games against Rovers and Falkirk.

When will folk understand that refs ref in leagues equivalent to their ability?  We are where we are because recent history tells us this is our level for now.

Players at this level can see in their minds what they want to do, but are perhaps to slow or clumsy to do it capably.  If we play at pace, it exaggerates their clumsiness.  I imagine referees find it difficult to keep up at times as well? 

Sorry but I'm not buying clumsiness as an excuse.

Several of the things that happened out there on Saturday were a disgrace. Three dangerous elbows, only one picked up. IMO the one on Falkingham was 100% premeditated by their #8.

It could be argued that the one on Fordyce was also and the BRE one was bad too. 

The challenge of Falkingham through the back was again due to red mist as their player got tripped and never got the foul.

Catching the ball in the box or having both arms around a player seemingly isn't a foul either?

As I said, absolutely sick of seeing bad referees in this league. 

Teams are setting out to disrupt our play by pushing the rules of the game and testing the refs. As they are incompetent they are getting away with it.

Catching the ball in the box or having both arms around a player seemingly isn't a foul either?

I agree with most of what you said, but if it's the incident I'm thinking of, where everyone was going daft for handball, it wasn't. I was diagonally in line with it and it hit his chest, his arm was nowhere near. 

Archived