What represents success this season now?

Paradox

On 05/03/2019 at 09:06, the saline hill puma said:

Think that is a bit harsh as he has never really been given a run of games by the previous management team, how can he play to a consistent level is if is only getting 5 minutes and then maybe 1 start then straight back to being a sub and not getting on for a few weeks and the cycle repeats itself.

Don’t know about that, did he not get a run earlier this year? All I can genuinely remember from that was his horrendous miss with an open goal gaping. 

Id loved him to have been our fox in the box, but he’s never seemed to get going. It’s a shame as I do like him but he’s just never managed to grab his chance with any consistency.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Ryan unlikely to be fit enough to play again this season, I believe. A good pre-season and ready to go in July is a more realistic scenario. Is he contracted to the Pars for another year?

Re the OP, when SC was appointed many of us said they'd be happy if we steered clear of a bottom two spot, but now that we're on a wee roll and have sneaked into 4th, I suspect the bar has been raised and most fans will be disappointed if we don't make the play offs.

After that, anything can happen, no matter how unlikely that may seem now. Who tipped Livi to go up last season?

7 hours ago, Digs said:

Don’t know about that, did he not get a run earlier this year? All I can genuinely remember from that was his horrendous miss with an open goal gaping. 

Id loved him to have been our fox in the box, but he’s never seemed to get going. It’s a shame as I do like him but he’s just never managed to grab his chance with any consistency.

I don't think he did get a decent run in the team, certainly when compaired to the golden **** fais who got a game every week despite being a empty shirt every week. Just a side note Andy Ryan has scored more league goals this year despite his limited game time, and who e he missed a sitter atleast he was their to miss it

16 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

I don't think he did get a decent run in the team, certainly when compaired to the golden **** fais who got a game every week despite being a empty shirt every week. Just a side note Andy Ryan has scored more league goals this year despite his limited game time, and who e he missed a sitter atleast he was their to miss it

I don’t disagree with any of that to be fair. 

As i said previously, I would love Ryan to be the main man for us up front.  He is our player, not a loan signing.

Maybe he needs a settled partnership to flourish?  Maybe playing off Louis Longridge or someone like that?  What about Robbie Muirhead?  Where does he fit in?

I agree that Ryan needs a run of games.  Under AJ though, he was a great impact sub, often contributing to a win.  However, more often than not when given a start, he has not had the same impact.

Hopefully he is back competing for a starting place soon.

Archived