What represents success this season now?

Paradox

So a swift, and positive managerial change has happened since our last game.

What, in your opinion, represents an acceptable outcome for the new management team for the remainder of this season?

The promotion playoffs are still the aim for me, but I hope the short-term result of the change is an ability to put a good run of results together, which should build confidence in players and fans alike.

Hopefully everyone is given a bit of time by the ****hole element in our support.

Be good to start with a win today, and also improve the goal difference!

COYP!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Digs said:

Playoffs should absolutely be the aim. We’re only four points away. If we stop conceding horrendously soft goals, we’ll achieve that.

Absolutely. We were further behind than this last season with more games played. We absolutely are still in the hunt (which is the main reason for my continued support for keeping AJ on, at least until we weren't, or not realistically so)

EDIT - at one point we were 5 behind with only 10 games left and having played 3 more than the team in 4th.

Screenshot_20190112-204036_1v.png

I’ll settle for a mid table finish (& maybe a wee cup run!) in the hopes that SC and staff have the team ready to go from the off in August.  Realistically, as long we don’t drop into any sort of relegation battle I’ll be happy - not much to ask surely?!

Guest The Beer Baron

We might not have a Dobbie, but Queens pumped County 4 0 which shows they're vulnerable. If we can start taking wins from them and other top teams more, it'll be progress.

On 12/01/2019 at 20:39, SanguinePar said:

Absolutely. We were further behind than this last season with more games played. We absolutely are still in the hunt (which is the main reason for my continued support for keeping AJ on, at least until we weren't, or not realistically so)

EDIT - at one point we were 5 behind with only 10 games left and having played 3 more than the team in 4th.

Screenshot_20190112-204036_1v.png

Of course it was Morton we eventually overtook, who were only 6 points ahead having played a game more. There's lies, damned lies and...

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Of course it was Morton we eventually overtook, who were only 6 points ahead having played a game more. There's lies, damned lies and...

Fair point. However at worst that means we're only 1 point worse in terms of proximity to a top 4 place, with many more games left. The point is, we are not out of it.

And the final word is 'statistics' by the way. Just in case you didn't know.

Archived