Are Liverpool about to chuck it away?

Paradox

11 hours ago, Paradox said:

Liverpool blew another chance tonight, and are now only 3 points ahead, with Man City playing on Wednesday.

City could be back on top of the league before Liverpool kick a ball again.

Can anyone hear breaking glass yet???

I think Liverpool were in a bit of a false position when they were 8 clear, tbh. From what I've seen of them this year they aren't as good as they were last year.

Better defensively (on the whole) but weaker in attack and less able to sweep opponents aside or break down stubborn defences (that Leicester game being a good example - Liverpool just couldn't get through those solid blue lines at all)

They've had a bad couple of weeks, but I do think they'll bounce back. Plus, having played City twice and taken only 1 point, to be 3 ahead is still pretty good. They can't afford many more slips though.

I could see Spurs coming back into it a bit too, although I don't think they'll win the league.

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Both teams will drop points.  I think progress in the CL will play its part in terms of fixture congestion, I also wonder where and when both teams need to play the other top five clubs.  Home advantage and the like might make all the difference. 

I meant more points that Liverpool 

• 3 weeks later...

As I said last season Mo Salah only has 1 foot. He has been played on the right so any defenders will be able to catch him out all the time. 

He should have scored but moved the ball onto his left then keeper saved. 

If it was true I would have delivered him to Real Madrid for £100 million! 

Hes been found out now.

15 hours ago, Secure Par said:

As I said last season Mo Salah only has 1 foot. He has been played on the right so any defenders will be able to catch him out all the time. 

He should have scored but moved the ball onto his left then keeper saved. 

If it was true I would have delivered him to Real Madrid for £100 million! 

Hes been found out now.

I mean, he's still the second top scorer on 17, only one behind Aguero. Not exactly a flop, though he's definitely dropped in form again after a poor start to the season and then a very successful spell for a while.

As I said a month ago, Liverpool are generally weaker in attack this season, which I would attribute to the move away from quite as intense a pressing game as last season. That said, last season they were running out of energy with 15 minutes to go, so you can see what Klopp was trying to do.

Hoping that the return of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain might spark the attack again, but it's looking like City's to lose now.

Archived