Supporters' Council Thursday 16 May

13 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Far too sensible, Piracy. The two old guys were able to dominate proceedings because too many folk sat on their hands. The vast majority of the audience never asked a question which I thought was disappointing. After a season like we've just had, I thought folk would be champing at the bit....

Not me, I wasn't interested in asking any questions.

I know what I thought of last season and I was only really interested in what Ross and the management had to say really.

The questions were really a distraction for me personally. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was quite glad the majority of the meeting answered the questions I had noted from both .net and p&b. 

I was confused at the answer about the appointment of Callum Davidson; Stevie replied that he (and the the club) would hope that CD would continue to commit himself to the role but that it was now up to him to say whether that was going to happen. So - is he staying or going? I thought that was cryptic. 

Also, despite saying right off that there would be no dirty laundry hung out on players - the discussion arose regarding viciousness and serious problems in the dressing room (from both SC and RM). Obviously no clarification on who was to blame but this has put a bad taste in some supporters’ mouths and has led to conjecture and finger-pointing; I didn’t bury my head in the sand, anyone could see there was an undercurrent throughout AJ’s last season, but speculation like this doesn’t help imo. In fact I’d rather anyone associated with the club kept that to themselves (and sorted it out). 

2 hours ago, Buffy said:

Also, despite saying right off that there would be no dirty laundry hung out on players - the discussion arose regarding viciousness and serious problems in the dressing room (from both SC and RM). Obviously no clarification on who was to blame but this has put a bad taste in some supporters’ mouths and has led to conjecture and finger-pointing; I didn’t bury my head in the sand, anyone could see there was an undercurrent throughout AJ’s last season, but speculation like this doesn’t help imo. In fact I’d rather anyone associated with the club kept that to themselves (and sorted it out). 

The way I understood it, there were several players in the squad who had a poor attitude, both under Johnston and Crawford. It wouldn't be too difficult to work out who some of these jokers are - they would be those who rarely got a game.

I heard from a reliable source that some players didn't want to play in our last game in Inverness, in case they were injured and it prejudiced their chance of securing a move to another club.

39 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I heard from a reliable source that some players didn't want to play in our last game in Inverness, in case they were injured and it prejudiced their chance of securing a move to another club.

Attention seeking ****. Either reveal your source or don't post at all.

I heard from 3 different influential people at the club that there was 4 or 5 players less committed than they should have been. No one was named. 

Basically they couldn't give a f*ck. 

They'll be rooted out and sent on their way.

It doesn't matter who they are/were, they've obviously no class. 

You can see why they stressed how important it is that we get the right players with the right mindset. Players with enough self respect to act like the professionals they aspire to be. 

Our club. 

Part of me agrees with Buffy on this - airing it with such force in a public forum does lead to speculation, even though presumably the players involved and the previous manager will all have moved on.  I had heard similar stories before, but equally I had heard stories about the previous management team's approach - I don't know what the whole story is, and perhaps no-one does. 

Ross and Stevie both admitted making mistakes (without going into detail),  but I wonder if, perhaps unconsciously, there was an element of deflection in criticising the attitude of some players. They clearly felt strongly about it, but I'm a believer in keeping dressing-room problems in-house.

Although it probably doesn't matter much now,  an affair like this tends to hang around for years in supporters' minds, and it's a fair bet somebody will refer to it on a forum somewhere down the line.

Saying nothing can also lead to speculation, although I get both Buffy and Stanza's point about deflection. 

Going forward Stevie Crawford will have his own team and he won't be able to deflect responsibility for poor performances by blaming 4 or 5 players. That is how I'm seeing it. 

He'll be Johnny on the spot with the ammo from the first ball kicked in the new season. It'll soon become obvious if disparage to deflect is a tactic in the Managers toolbox. 

That said I hope he's in a good position next season to be actually praising the players because we're winning. 

Guest The Beer Baron

I think most of us feel that way. We just want to see a winning, exciting side who give their all.

I was lucky to grow up watching Paton's Pars and some of the guys weren't incredibly talented, but they played to their strengths. That's what we need to get back to.

On 20/05/2019 at 17:12, Buffy said:

I was quite glad the majority of the meeting answered the questions I had noted from both .net and p&b. 

I was confused at the answer about the appointment of Callum Davidson; Stevie replied that he (and the the club) would hope that CD would continue to commit himself to the role but that it was now up to him to say whether that was going to happen. So - is he staying or going? I thought that was cryptic. 

I didn’t think think the Callum situation seemed too cryptic, Buffy.  My take was that it sounded like he had come to the club as he knew Stevie from getting their coaching badges together and was at a loose end. It sounds like the club want him to stay and have made an offer but the impression I got from how Stevie framed was it that club didn’t want him to see it as a stop gap until something better came along and if he signs up he commits to seeing it through.

Gut feel is he’ll getter a bigger more lucrative gig, but more than happy to be proved wrong 😊

3 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

If he signs maybe we can get a fee if he moves on? Did we receive anything for Potter?

I would presume we did. When Ross mentioned the changing back room staff though he talked more about the impact to continuity than the financial side.

Archived