Supporters' Council Thursday 16 May

Constructive feedback to the board. The problem with people like this is they like to hammer home their issue/opinion but don't really seem to take into account consequences or come up with thought out solutions, they also don't want to engage and have dialogue with the people trying to run things because they only care about being entrenched in their own views. Theres also an element of self entitlement about it all and they know in the end they won't have to deal with the consequences anyway.. I have mates that are the same I have given up trying to talk to them, its a pointless exercise and I have better things to spend time on

Sack the board? Ok then who takes over? What would the new structure of the club be? Are you going to stand up and convince shareholders to vote for your intended new board members? Are these new board members going to be paid, what will the decision making process be at different levels of the club? These are the very basic questions that come with changing a board right at the off for a company that's turnover is probably near the 7 figure mark in a pretty competitive and volatile industry where setting budgets are impacted by a bad result in one game. There will be 100 more consequences you will have to deal with if you "sack the board". Have the board got everything right, no they haven't, of course they won't they are human beings no one would get everything right but overall they are doing decent in what is a difficult environment.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

The problem with people like this ......

Wasnt suggesting that Mark Sherry was trying to offer constructive feedback, he seems to be clueless?  I was understanding that all the "negative ****e" last night came from a number of contributors?  And its these folk I was referring to, these folk that perhaps dont understand how to give feedback or criticism constructively.  

I completely agree with the rest of what you say though. 

8 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wasnt suggesting that Mark Sherry was trying to offer constructive feedback, he seems to be clueless?  I was understanding that all the "negative ****e" last night came from a number of contributors?  And its these folk I was referring to, these folk that perhaps dont understand how to give feedback or criticism constructively.  

I completely agree with the rest of what you say though. 

I didn't read your post, I only read the screenshot of the article and replied

I reckon this guy Sherry is a tool. You would think his pals would have a word. He has contributed before regarding Letters to the Press. Thank **** the Cold War is over. Maybe invite this guy on board with the board and let's see how he could run it. 

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

I reckon this guy Sherry is a tool. You would think his pals would have a word. He has contributed before regarding Letters to the Press. Thank **** the Cold War is over. Maybe invite this guy on board with the board and let's see how he could run it. 

He has always been a bit of a stirrer when it comes to the Pars. Mind him hurling abuse at Sandy McNaughton through at Boghead. In mid-rant and McNaughton scores (transpired to be the only goal of the game). He meekly said "Well played, Sandy.". McNaughton just glowered at the *****. Also mind him hurling abuse at Our Lord at Central Park, early 90s. Big Flea banned him from the Pitbauchlie bus. Says it all.

For reasons that some of you will know, I am in a particularly good place to see the amount of effort that the Board put into running the Club. It is phenomenal -- especially from Ross McArthur. However that extends across the Board in all sorts of unheralded ways. 

Have they made mistakes -- certainly (and they have acknowledged that) around the two year appointment of AJ and trusting him with too big a budget that was not used well. Ross could have explained the reasons for those decisions but typically just took it on the chin as they are in the past. But they are nothing compared to the time, effort and money that they have put in. They don't get paid a bean and spend hundreds of hours every year. 

So when I read Mr Sherry's comments, I feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment in such a lack of judgement.  This is especially the case as I know that Ross is working in a number of ways to bolster the Par's finances in ways that Mr Sherry wouldn't get close to. Of course, the unequal, and in my view unfair, distribution of TV monies in Scotland is at the root of the problem. However it is just worth reminding ourselves that this Board delivered three years of (small)l profits before this year of a large loss. No club other than Dunfermline has made a profit in the Championship for years. I have spent a fair amount of time looking at the variables in the football budget, and I can tell you that there are many risks which inevitably have to be taken if a competitive team is to be put on the park. That is the model in which the Board have to operate.

Overall -- I have to say that I have cheered up reading the comments on this thread: My conclusion? Most folk are not daft -- but one or two undoubtedly are. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Sounds like this twat was dropped on his head at childbirth.

Shame, seems once wasn't enough.

17 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Sounds like this twat was dropped on his head at childbirth.

Shame, seems once wasn't enough.

I wonder if he had anyone in mind to replace the board?  Maybe some rich benefactor who will come in, pay off the present directors and fling a few million in. He should have went to the supporters meeting to ask that question. Surprised the Press print his letters (well mibbie no) Must be a load of wealthy business types want to fling money away.

2 hours ago, The Roy Barry Fan Club said:

For reasons that some of you will know, I am in a particularly good place to see the amount of effort that the Board put into running the Club. It is phenomenal -- especially from Ross McArthur. However that extends across the Board in all sorts of unheralded ways. 

Have they made mistakes -- certainly (and they have acknowledged that) around the two year appointment of AJ and trusting him with too big a budget that was not used well. Ross could have explained the reasons for those decisions but typically just took it on the chin as they are in the past. But they are nothing compared to the time, effort and money that they have put in. They don't get paid a bean and spend hundreds of hours every year. 

So when I read Mr Sherry's comments, I feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment in such a lack of judgement.  This is especially the case as I know that Ross is working in a number of ways to bolster the Par's finances in ways that Mr Sherry wouldn't get close to. Of course, the unequal, and in my view unfair, distribution of TV monies in Scotland is at the root of the problem. However it is just worth reminding ourselves that this Board delivered three years of (small)l profits before this year of a large loss. No club other than Dunfermline has made a profit in the Championship for years. I have spent a fair amount of time looking at the variables in the football budget, and I can tell you that there are many risks which inevitably have to be taken if a competitive team is to be put on the park. That is the model in which the Board have to operate.

Overall -- I have to say that I have cheered up reading the comments on this thread: My conclusion? Most folk are not daft -- but one or two undoubtedly are. 

I just get frustrated at the inane made up twaddle punted about by individuals who write this muck and pass it off as an opinion.

The Internet has allowed idiots a stage on which to perform.

Even a few of the questions being asked at the supporters council on Thursday were exceptionally cringeworthy. Not all of them, but there were a few. Just wanting to hear their own voices. I had to stop myself from blurting out.

Moving on though. Anyone with the interpretation skills of a wet sponge got what Ross was saying, got what Shields and Crawford were passionately promoting.

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to those working their ar$e off on he clubs behalf. We're lucky to have them ...*OPINION* 🙂

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I just get frustrated at the inane made up twaddle punted about by individuals who write this muck and pass it off as an opinion.

The Internet has allowed idiots a stage on which to perform.

Even a few of the questions being asked at the supporters council on Thursday were exceptionally cringeworthy. Not all of them, but there were a few. Just wanting to hear their own voices. I had to stop myself from blurting out.

Moving on though. Anyone with the interpretation skills of a wet sponge got what Ross was saying, got what Shields and Crawford were passionately promoting.

I'd just like to say a huge thanks to those working their ar$e off on he clubs behalf. We're lucky to have them ...*OPINION* 🙂

I think maybe you did blurt out once, when a punter on the other side of the room, started greeting about Legends being closed after a game and that when it's open a pint costs more than in a town centre pub. Sounded like you, if you were sitting behind me. I didn't turn round. Apologies if it wasn't you. 

Did you notice how old most those in attendance were? Looked like most of the young keyboard warriors from dot.net stayed at home. 

It is always the same faces at these and that is frustrating.  Of course those who like sniping from behind a keyboard don't show as it means that they will get an answer from the board that won't suit their agenda and it also means that there is now a face on the abuse that they dish out.  As irritating as some of the questions were on Thursday night at least the people asking them showed up to ask them.

17 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Is it true someone complained about the price of a can of Guinness?

Yes, and the fact that Legends was turned over to functions so many times in a season (given it's a revenue stream he should support the situation).

I blurted out at that one. 

He said Legends had been closed 10 times post match this season for functions. Bulls*ite, and anyway what would it matter as you could get a drink in Charlie D's in those circumstances so the club still makes it's money. 

I just thought to myself ''given the subject matter in offer, is that all that concerns you''... But to be fair it is an open forum. 

Another annoying thing was the 2 older gentleman just wanting to be heard. God how f*ckin boring were they? 

The guy doing the link up stuff for the club needs to also concentrate on his task rather than trying to be amusing. 

That's me all moaned out now 🙂

5 hours ago, Piracy said:

Yes, and the fact that Legends was turned over to functions so many times in a season (given it's a revenue stream he should support the situation).

I blurted out at that one. 

He said Legends had been closed 10 times post match this season for functions. Bulls*ite, and anyway what would it matter as you could get a drink in Charlie D's in those circumstances so the club still makes it's money. 

I just thought to myself ''given the subject matter in offer, is that all that concerns you''... But to be fair it is an open forum. 

Another annoying thing was the 2 older gentleman just wanting to be heard. God how f*ckin boring were they? 

The guy doing the link up stuff for the club needs to also concentrate on his task rather than trying to be amusing. 

That's me all moaned out now 🙂

Far too sensible, Piracy. The two old guys were able to dominate proceedings because too many folk sat on their hands. The vast majority of the audience never asked a question which I thought was disappointing. After a season like we've just had, I thought folk would be champing at the bit....

Archived