Supporters' Council Thursday 16 May

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont be able to attend, however, Id like to ask a question(s)..... 

Are we obligated to be involved in competitions that hold no financial benefit?  Or, can the club refuse to accept fixture changes to Friday nights? - If not (to either question) what are the potential penalties? 

Guest The Beer Baron

Didn't an Irish team withdraw from the challenge cup after a game against East Fife was postponed?

4 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I wont be able to attend, however, Id like to ask a question(s)..... 

Are we obligated to be involved in competitions that hold no financial benefit?  Or, can the club refuse to accept fixture changes to Friday nights? - If not (to either question) what are the potential penalties? 

The Friday thing I suspect we would not be able to refuse, unfortunately, as it'll be part of the league contract with Alba and likely something we're required to do. I think if we refused we would probably forfeit the game (and likely be fined too).

Just speculation though, I don't have any specific info.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

The Friday thing I suspect we would not be able to refuse, unfortunately, as it'll be part of the league contract with Alba and likely something we're required to do. I think if we refused we would probably forfeit the game (and likely be fined too).

Just speculation though, I don't have any specific info.

I suspect thats right, but if its costing us by not getting substantial crowds, there is something very wrong in that. 

Did I read that it was four home games that were moved?  Who selects the games and surely it cannot be allowed to be detertrimental to clubs financial stabilities - especially when clubs are not cash rich enough to absorb such hits?

On 13/05/2019 at 19:19, Keyser Soze said:

I can't make it but would be delighted if someone could ask a question on my behalf?

How do the the board feel about the proposal to increase the Championship to 12 sides? Given the well documented cash issues that Ross mcArthur laid out for us in his statement does he feel those extra home games could provide vital income that we are not in a position to turn down? Essentially is this 'bribe' big enough to convince the board that Colt sides should be shoehorned into League Two?

Asked it for you

Ross would prefer to see a 12 club Championship as he thinks would be better for teams like ourselves, Morton, Inverness etc. and the two other teams to be added to the league wouldn't be Celtic and Rangers colts.  If teams needed to be added to the SPFL it  would be from the Highland or Lowland league but that doesn't sell papers.

6 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

Ross would prefer to see a 12 club Championship as he thinks would be better for teams like ourselves, Morton, Inverness etc. and the two other teams to be added to the league wouldn't be Celtic and Rangers colts.  If teams needed to be added to the SPFL it  would be from the Highland or Lowland league but that doesn't sell papers.

So to clarify, Ross believes the papers are full of **** and plucked the idea of colts teams in the bottom tier as a way to sell papers?  And Ross is unaware of any toe-dipping by the SPFL that might indicate a possible shoehorning of colts teams into the league?

12 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

So to clarify, Ross believes the papers are full of **** and plucked the idea of colts teams in the bottom tier as a way to sell papers?  And Ross is unaware of any toe-dipping by the SPFL that might indicate a possible shoehorning of colts teams into the league?

Yes, Ross is actually on the committee that discusses this type of thing.

First point for me about tonight was it was fairly well attended but it was the same people who usually attend.

Secondly it was the same negatively sh*te questions being asked. By christ the Chairman is a patient and understanding man.

That said I was impressed by both Shields and Crawford and their level of honesty and obvious passion for their respective jobs.

You can see what they're hoping to achieve and it's a brave vision but one that makes absolute sense for a club in our position and indeed for Scottish teams in general.

I'm optimistic for the new season, I just wished we could shut up the negative look at me types who write into newspapers, write sh*te on that .Net and try to do the same on the clubs Facebook page. This really needs to be countered at all costs, it's corrosive and giving a minority too much credence.

A prime example is a letter in this weeks Dunfermline Press by a fan Mark Sherry. If you get a chance, read it, honestly it's f*ckin pathetic.

8 hours ago, Piracy said:

First point for me about tonight was it was fairly well attended but it was the same people who usually attend.

Secondly it was the same negatively sh*te questions being asked. By christ the Chairman is a patient and understanding man.

That said I was impressed by both Shields and Crawford and their level of honesty and obvious passion for their respective jobs.

You can see what they're hoping to achieve and it's a brave vision but one that makes absolute sense for a club in our position and indeed for Scottish teams in general.

I'm optimistic for the new season, I just wished we could shut up the negative look at me types who write into newspapers, write sh*te on that .Net and try to do the same on the clubs Facebook page. This really needs to be countered at all costs, it's corrosive and giving a minority too much credence.

A prime example is a letter in this weeks Dunfermline Press by a fan Mark Sherry. If you get a chance, read it, honestly it's f*ckin pathetic.

Accurately summed up, Piracy. You'll forgive me if I don't follow your advice in the last paragraph. Mr Sherry is an absolute tool. A mate told me it's a plea to sack the Board. 

11 hours ago, Piracy said:

Mark Sherry is the new Ron McPherson. Tbh, Mark Sherry has always been a moaning ****.

12 hours ago, Piracy said:

A good attendance is obviously a good thing, it means that folk do care about the club.  

I think that the questions will tend to be the negative ****e?  Its like writing a TripAdvisor review, when things are good, alls good - folk like to complain about ****e service, but if service is good and as expected, it goes unmentioned.  Sometimes the negative ****e, to play Devils Advocate for a second, is maybe intended as constructive criticism, but folk dont know how to deliver feedback, and it just comes across as arsey?  

Archived