Edinburgh City (a)

There was a post about this on Facebook or Tweeter about the wee bar being shut.  Im sure it said that Edinburgh Taxi Social Club is the venue for a few drinks.  Thats down at Bonnington and a wee trek from Ainslie Park.  

My suggestions would be The Village (at Crewe Toll Roundabout, 5 minute walk) , the Scottish Engineer (Telford Road, at the back of the Western General, used to be called the Telford Arms, owned by the same folk who own the Lizzie, 10 minute walk), or the Doo'cot (Ferry Road at Groathill Road, 10 perhaps 15 minute walk).  Slightly further away in Davidson Mains is Ye Olde Inn, 25 minute walk.  If youre feeling really brave, you could try the Ferry Boat at Drylaw. 

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Heading over to this. Not been to Spartans ground for a while. Hopefully the wee bar at the ground is open again.

Expecting a tougher test than on Wednesday but think we should win and depending on other results could see us guarantee finishing top of the group.

I emailed the club to ask if their supporters bar was open to away fans. All taken up by hospitality apparently.  Response below:

"Hi Doug, sadly the supporters bar won’t be open due to the corporate bookings on Saturday. I would suggest the Village hotel is the closest place to get a pint pre game - I warn you though it’s no the cheapest!'' 

Should be a good game and another test. Will be interesting to see who Craw picks for this game. I would expect more fringe players to get some game time on Sat with Craw looking to have a more established first 11 playing the following next Sat against East Kilbride in preparation for the opening League campaign. I think we were helped against Albion Rovers getting the early goal. If Edinburgh sit tight and don't concede like they did against St Midden it will be interesting to seen how we do. COYP

4 hours ago, worldwiderab said:

3 goals in the first game 6 in the second therefore as we are adding three per game we will score 9 today if not questions should be asked.

Unless you look at the fact we are doubling. 12 shouldn't be out of the question. 

Archived