Edinburgh City (a)

Thought their game plan was highly effective, and more suited to the high bounce on the pitch. Two on both of our wide players. Muscled us out of the centre of midfield very often. 

Thought it was a 0-0, but they took the chance well --Danny Handling has a bit of class about him. Just a break of the ball really.   

We  were effectively stifled in midfield. Our two chances came from moments of individual skill, but their keeper did well to parry them. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Shows that we still struggle when needing to break down a stubborn side. Much work still needed, maybe this is a blessing rather than a set back.

How long is Murray out for?

46 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Shows that we still struggle when needing to break down a stubborn side. 

This was my concern after the Albion Rovers game and why I questoned whether it was a good performance or whether Albion Rovers were just poor

Guest The Beer Baron
9 hours ago, Secure Par said:

No excuse but I heard that astro is brutal and one of the worst to play on.

Doesnt help or style of play. 

Come on that's no excuse at all. If it does hinder our play, find a way to cope. Top players and teams find a way to deal with such issues, something our lads need to accept if they want to find themselves at a higher level.

Guest The Beer Baron

You'd bloody hope we should, they're 3 leagues below us having played a midweek game too.

Early goal to settle any nerves and a hatfull in the last 20 minutes, 5-0 Pars

I would hope so, think edinburgh was a freak result.

Team will always be inconsistent with youth and the level our players are. Shocking pitch and three games in 7 days wouldn't have help.

Think the cup this year has had more shock results than normal. I'm quite a fan on this set-up i have to say, prefer these games to the pre-season friendlies and isn't interfering with the league as much.  

Guest The Beer Baron

I love this stage of the competition. Lots of games and the occasional upset. As long as it's not on us.

Archived