v Partick (h)

Big game this week following last weeks totally gash efforts down at Stranraer. Hopefully our creative players turn up and get some supply to the forwards. Wouldn't mind starting with Turner further forward and bring Beadling back into the midfield,  dropping either Nisbet or Ryan to the bench.

Would imagine Kiltie will be back and will replace McCann, who was once again shifted out of position and largely ineffective last week on the left.

Agree with the OP that the players owe the fans a good performance after last week's debacle. Partick haven't shown the expected "bounce" from McCall's appointment, but they will see this game as an opportunity to put that right since we've been badly misfiring in the last couple of games. 

I hope we get in about them from the off and don't let them settle into any kind of game.

I think this is more crucial than most other games atm. Its vital that we keep teams who are currently below us by maintaining the lead we have over them or increasing it. Partick played quite well against Alloa the other night but failed to blag a winning goal and the longer they have McColl at the helm I suspect the better they will become. It was good to see Joe Tomson playing for the first team again and the defence will be more solid with Ashcroft returning. With Murray cleared to return the defence will be stronger but I suspect he will be a few weeks off before a full return to match fitness. Kiltie will be back and I think they should leave the front 2 of Nisbet and Ryan alone. Should be a interesting game. COYP. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Kiltie back in makes a huge difference. McCann simply isn't a left midfielder and it's baffling that Craw seems to think he can play there.

I'd even play Turner on the left with Thomson back in and Kiltie off Nisbit. Ryan hasn't played well for a few weeks and we might need his explosive sub appearance from the bench.

Baffling how we were so bad last week. 

Need a vast improvement in effort and basic team organisation.

We need to compete physically and stop letting ourselves be bullied so easily. 

I'm going along as its at home but being honest it's that or Christmas shopping. You can appreciate my choice. 

I'll go 2-1 Pars. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Boils my **** giving away that goal though, shouldn't be beaten from there although saying that it was reminiscent of Hardie against Inverness. 

3 hours ago, The Beer Baron said:

Boils my **** giving away that goal though, shouldn't be beaten from there although saying that it was reminiscent of Hardie against Inverness. 

I dunno, it was beautifully struck, great free kick. Maybe Gill's positioning could have been a bit better, but it looked pretty unstoppable to me.

Fun side note about today - for some reason, among the Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea, et Al updates, the Guardian's matchday blog also kept talking about our game! Some screenshots:

Screenshot_20191130-202855.png

Screenshot_20191130-202926.png

Screenshot_20191130-203000.png

It was a weird game. I don't think we were particularly great.

Partick looked a complete shambles but granted a man down and a goal down after 4 minutes, that destroyed any game plan and morale disappeared as you would expect from a team adrift at the bottom.

By no means do i think we were bad but i never felt we got out 2nd gear. Cracking finishes for the 2nd and 4th. Not convinced the 3rd was a penalty.

That goal for partick was a cracker and would'nt blame Gill but i would like to see it from behind the goals. I do feel Gill is always at a post everytime a cross is coming in which isn't great positional wise.

But still 5 goals coyfp.

Heading back to epsom a happy man.

Archived