v Partick (h)

Guest The Beer Baron

First half we were great, ten men for then or not. Pressing and getting forward with intent. Defence barely tested the whole game, Devine strolled it although Miller gave him nothing to worry about.

Comrie looked fantastic and first half their narrow midfield gave him loads of room to go into.

Dow and Kiltie have such quick feet.

Guest The Beer Baron

Why? Thankfully it wasn't a meaningful goal but it was another weak goal to give away, no matter how well it was hit from that distance. Don't say it's because he's young either, he's old enough to be considered to play so he's got to take the criticism and responsibility that comes with it.

Clichés are normally clichés because they are true, and that is certainly the case when it is said that one error by a keeper is noticed much more than that of an outfield player.

I was not as disappointed as when he lost the late goal against Morton, but was disappointed for the same reason - I think it would be good for him to rack up a few clean sheets.

I thought it was a well managed performance. It's easy to say Partick were murder, which they were, but you've still got to beat them and we did with some really good football. All of the goals except one, came from runners getting beyond the ball, and/or putting Partick under pressure high up the park. I'm not sure what more we could have done. 

As for taking the foot off the gas,  I don't have any problem with that whatsoever. We're playing the team sitting in second top tomorrow and taking off Nisbet and the rest of them not getting any needless injuries going hammer and tongs for the last 35 mins was just good game management. Not great for us to see, but we won 5-1, going on 6 or 7, so I don't think there can be any realistic complaints about doing it. 

If we'd pushed on and scored another couple, but got a couple of injuries in the process, it would have been utterly pointless. You don't get any more points for scoring more goals and we already have a positive goal difference over the team we are chasing in Dundee if we win  tomorrow.

In short, great win, 4th at home in a row getting us into a good bit of momentum going into tomorrows game. 

I find it hard to decide what I make of that game.  Their game plan was well and truly ****ed by the sending off and penalty so early on, so it was an uneven contest. 

That said, as Digs says, you've still got to beat them and we did.  

Great for Nisbets confidence, albeit that two were penalties, though they all count.  

Cant be negative, but cant be overly positive either. 

Guest The Beer Baron

Nothing wrong but being positive, but being realistic is where most people fall.

Also, Nisbit is second top scorer in the league now. Feels like he has scored more already this season than we managed all of last year. That's a great thing about us now, most (MOST) games we are creating chances at the very least. Games like Arbroath and from what I heard Stranraer where we created sod all is where I get most frustrated.

Archived