Election

SanguinePar

11 minutes ago, The Beer Baron said:

Also Vinnie, your list of points to iron out on this issue are well worth bringing up because a lot of people, myself included, sometimes forget how much there would be to negotiate. And remember whom exactly we'd be negotiating with...

Sturgeon claims to have plans in place that answer many of these questions.

Its worth remembering that while she may have a shopping list of fundamental demands, unless they are agreed before a vote, those on the fence might not be swayed enough.

I get that Boris is divisive, but I hope folk dont vote for a bad deal in protest to Boris alone (and thats the way it appears sometimes).  He's here for a short term.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Beer Baron said:

I get your point, however my vote was always for the long term and the benefits would be for the next and future generations.

There are a number of folk of Ive heard and spoken to who have said they want independence because they dont want Johnson or the Tories.  I find that very short sighted.  I know Im addressing your post, but Im not accusing you of short-sightedness.

I think folk should consider also, that the SNP's number one objective is Independence, and that should they achieve their goal, their MSPs may share that initial independence goal, but could well breakaway and follow their own agendas, of which some might be a more right wing stance.  

Guest The Beer Baron

They might well do that and they'd be in their right to. If Scotland is to succeed in its own, it'll need viewpoints from left and right. Otherwise what's the point?

1 minute ago, The Beer Baron said:

They might well do that and they'd be in their right to. If Scotland is to succeed in its own, it'll need viewpoints from left and right. Otherwise what's the point?

Agreed, but isnt what right wing nationalism the sort of thing folks are objecting to? 

Guest The Beer Baron
20 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Agreed, but isnt what right wing nationalism the sort of thing folks are objecting to? 

Aye but we'd be able to stamp that **** out easier

😉

Archived