Election

SanguinePar

I like Corbyn  he will make a great PM... unfortunately many don't as they have been sucked in by the Tory media regarding his connection to the IRA, Palestine, et al also described as Marxist ... He has put himself at the front line on his election travels and faced everyone with dignity.... Where has Boris been ? turning up at Donors factory's and businesses dressing up for the occasion surrounded by only a handful of  Tory faithful ...The  man is a compulsive liar does not even understand his own policy's He repeats the same Mantra over and over because Dominic told him to.....  He is a coward a Liar a Misanthrope  and a Buffoon .... Any one seen Jacob Lately ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

This is fair

About the only fair point I seem to have made all day.  Ive been the minority of one - seems once you are wrong, wrong you are wrong and the villian.  I suspect I might need to grow an extra layer of tougher skin.

Funny thing is, in the shortish conversations/debates Ive had today, I dont think I disagree hugely on too many issues, if I wasnt being shouted down, or if I was able to elaborate.  

2 hours ago, Vinnie said:

About the only fair point I seem to have made all day.  Ive been the minority of one - seems once you are wrong, wrong you are wrong and the villian.  I suspect I might need to grow an extra layer of tougher skin.

Funny thing is, in the shortish conversations/debates Ive had today, I dont think I disagree hugely on too many issues, if I wasnt being shouted down, or if I was able to elaborate.  

I always assumed you had Rhino skin given how you are never afraid to plough your own furrow in here. 

No excuse for flinging one liners at you of course. Apologies for that - it is a habit I am trying to break.

56 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

I always assumed you had Rhino skin given how you are never afraid to plough your own furrow in here. 

No excuse for flinging one liners at you of course. Apologies for that - it is a habit I am trying to break.

No need for an apology. If you put your views on a public forum you should expect them to be questioned from time to time. Appreciate it all the same.

Exit polls suggest 55 SNP seats.  I expected 45 to 50.  Tories it seems will have made significant gains winning in region of 365 seats and Labour lost out badly.  Exit polls could be wrong of course.

I can't remember the last time I felt so utterly hopeless about the future of our country. We are well and truly f**ked if this exit poll is right.

Goodbye NHS. Goodbye BBC. Goodbye workers' rights. Goodbye climate science. Goodbye support for the needy. Goodbye Europe. Goodbye peace in Northern Ireland. Goodbye rights for minoroties. Goodbye hope for a decent society. Goodbye and goodnight.

There you have it. Utterly depressing situation. 

Time now to unshackle this country from this fractured Union. 

Returning these kuntz to Government is a crime against morality. 

I still cannot fathom why anyone would vote for them and I don't consider myself stupid. 

8 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

I can't remember the last time I felt so utterly hopeless about the future of our country. We are well and truly f**ked if this exit poll is right.

Goodbye NHS. Goodbye BBC. Goodbye workers' rights. Goodbye climate science. Goodbye support for the needy. Goodbye Europe. Goodbye peace in Northern Ireland. Goodbye rights for minoroties. Goodbye hope for a decent society. Goodbye and goodnight.

I can remember - 1983, 1987, 1992, 2010 , 2016 and 2017.

Life will go on. Hope returns.

I’m already sure of the next course of action which has already nullified some of the customary disappointment felt on days like these.

Now’s not the time to try and persuade you, but just to say whatever you decide is the way forward, the despondency will fade. 

The Pars however will continue to be ongoing source of joy/disappointment. Some things never change.

Every (democratic) nation gets the political leaders it deserves, apparently, although it could be argued that the UK is not really one nation.

I don't think many voters, even staunch Labour supporters, we're too enamoured or convinced by Corbyn, whereas as Johnson painted himself as this jolly, affable, avuncular persona. He managed to get his 3 word message across to the electorate by repeating it over and over again. ☹

14 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Every (democratic) nation gets the political leaders it deserves, apparently, although it could be argued that the UK is not really one nation.

I don't think many voters, even staunch Labour supporters, we're too enamoured or convinced by Corbyn, whereas as Johnson painted himself as this jolly, affable, avuncular persona. He managed to get his 3 word message across to the electorate by repeating it over and over again. ☹

And that sadly sums up the collective sense of the majority of voters. voting for a slogan, ignoring what they actually stand for, and what they have done over the past 9 years in government. 

If I hear one more time how the electorate don't get it wrong or how astute the British electorate is, I think  I will scream, because it clearly doesn't. A mixture of abject selfishness and turkeys voting for Christmas.

Corbyn is defintiely to blame. Despite what I said earlier in this thread, his complete unwillingness to compromise on certain things has been his undoing. 

Archived