EEB Privacy Policy

GG Riva

I received a polite email from someone who is a regular poster on the EEB,  yesterday. 

I'm slightly perturbed as to how this poster was able to access my account. It's not an issue but I was under the impression that our emails are not accessible to other posters and we could remain anonymous should we wish to. Some of you will know who I am anyway and as I'm retired, I'm no longer at risk of getting an abusive email from some disaffected pupil. 

The email was sent from a no reply mailbox. I would appreciate it if he would email me again from his own account, as I should like to reply to him in a similar courteous manner.

14 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I received a polite email from someone who is a regular poster on the EEB,  yesterday. 

I'm slightly perturbed as to how this poster was able to access my account. It's not an issue but I was under the impression that our emails are not accessible to other posters and we could remain anonymous should we wish to. Some of you will know who I am anyway and as I'm retired, I'm no longer at risk of getting an abusive email from some disaffected pupil. 

The email was sent from a no reply mailbox. I would appreciate it if he would email me again from his own account, as I should like to reply to him in a similar courteous manner.

No other posters can see your e-mail address apart from those who Admin the site. I've just checked and this is the case. So apologies that I can't work out how this situation came to happen. 

Unless it's one of the Admin team or indeed your details have somehow been passed on I've no idea. I will go and ask the other guys the questions though. 

You could also have used the private messaging facility instead of opening up your private situation on a main forum. But your choice if you don't mind the attention. 

Any PM you get send also gets sent to your email account, as a secondary notification. No other user can see your email and, as far as I’m aware, they don’t know that it’s gone to your email. Your communication happens through the PM function. 

The page just sends a copy to your email address, but all comms will also be in your messaging portion of your account. 

No-one has access to your email but the Admins.

12 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Just to say it was myself that sent GG a message.

I clicked on his name then on the wee message icon........ 

Hope this helps to clear things up.

Thanks Secure Par. 

We've no security issue here. I think GG Riva is worrying about nothing.

2 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Thanks Secure Par. 

We've no security issue here. I think GG Riva is worrying about nothing.

I wasn't worried, mate. Just curious to know how it was possible. I figured it might be one of the Admin team, but I didn't know who they are.

Thanks for checking that out for me.

21 minutes ago, Secure Par said:

Just to say it was myself that sent GG a message.

I clicked on his name then on the wee message icon........ 

Hope this helps to clear things up.

Hi SP, 

I didn't want to name you on the forum, as I wanted to respect your privacy. 😉

I couldn't reply to the email you sent. Can you send me an email from an account I can reply to so I can clear up any concerns you may have regarding your pal?

I promise it will not be abusive. 🙂

6 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Hi SP, 

I didn't want to name you on the forum, as I wanted to respect your privacy. 😉

I couldn't reply to the email you sent. Can you send me an email from an account I can reply to so I can clear up any concerns you may have regarding your pal?

I promise it will not be abusive. 🙂

GG if you go to your notifications here you will be able to reply

12 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Doh, so it does!

It's the fekkin Auldtimers! ☹

It doesn't have it for Secure Par, all the same. Maybe I'm not do lally after all. 😊

That’s because he’s not an Admin. 😉

If you want to PM someone you click on their name and it takes you to their profile. From there, under the banner where the name is, you click the little envelope icon and it takes you to the message function. 

2 minutes ago, Digs said:

That’s because he’s not an Admin. 😉

If you want to PM someone you click on their name and it takes you to their profile. From there, under the banner where the name is, you click the little envelope icon and it takes you to the message function. 

Cheers, Digs. Going out, will reply later.

Archived