Nine years ago

SanguinePar

8 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

Seen Yorkston a few weeks ago in the town. He mentioned to the person I was with he would like to go back to a game at EEP. Not sure how well that would be received by the supporters tbh

I still have allot of the stuff from over that era. Like the ticket for the PJ malloys gig, the poster in the OP for the share issue. As well as pars alive posters etc. There has been some chat about doing an exhibition of some sort talking about what the club and supporters went through during that period.

The Pars Alive banner went missing. PST last had it. Might be worth chasing them up. It was a quality product paid for by Ross McArthur, designed by fellow fan using one of my photos. Got it made by a fellow fan too. I wish I had hunted it down at the time. 

• Upvote 1

Here are some of the things I mentioned before from that era. I also have some proposal papers about the supporters council and the ideas forum that happened around that time but I'm not sure there will be of the same interest. (Sorry for the dodgy camera work). I actually have quite a few of the airdrie game fliers and the pars united launch night fliers if anyone wants one.

20200310_090802.jpg

20200310_090813.jpg

20200310_090821.jpg

20200310_090825.jpg

20200310_090833.jpg

20200310_090839.jpg

20200310_090853.jpg

20200310_090912.jpg

20200310_090922.jpg

20200310_090952.jpg

20200310_091931.jpg

Edited by Fifes Elite
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Those were bad times, and emotions were raw.

I will contend that NOBODY knew then (or perhaps even knows now) the full story. Those who were involved  to any degree saw parts of what was happening but a lot went on behind closed doors that was unrecorded and is perhaps best forgotten.

There were also a lot of accusations and personal abuse against individual Pars fans - sometimes deserved,  usually not.  With very few exceptions, everyone was doing what they thought at the time was best to save the football club from extinction, even if they differed in their methods. There were some bends and wrong turnings in the road and mistakes were made, but in the end the COLLECTIVE efforts were successful and a much healthier football club emerged. 

It's a little ironic IMO that as we go into 2021 we're looking at the club moving back to a situation where the majority shareholders will be people who until recently had no connection with DAFC! Let's hope the events of seven years ago were a one-off!

On 18/11/2020 at 14:57, Stanza said:

It's a little ironic IMO that as we go into 2021 we're looking at the club moving back to a situation where the majority shareholders will be people who until recently had no connection with DAFC! Let's hope the events of seven years ago were a one-off!

I think they're a hugely different proposition to Gavin Masteron and his side kick John Yorkston. Although I obviously get what you're saying about about majority shareholders.

I think if Ross McArthur (with help) hadn't been able to secure additional investment and the right blend of experience from 'outsiders', we'd have been screwed again anyway.

There's no way that under the circumstances we'd been operating under in recent years (and with the Covid-19 worldwide pandemic) we'd have survived in any great shape going forward. I honestly think we were actually heading back into trouble without this outside help.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

7 years already !? I remember going to one of the meetings in the Vine Church, the one where the share issue idea was first floated. I vaguely remember coming away thinking, well at least there's a plan. How wrong I was. Perhaps like others here, I didn't know Honk at all at the time, and I remember sitting in the main stand for a game discussing the unfolding events and asking "Who is this guy ?" and "How does he know these things ?". IIRC, it turned out he was sitting just behind us ! But I, and us all, think I/we owe him and others like him a debt of gratitude in helping to save our club. Since that point, I've not taken anything to do with DAFC for granted. I contribute, like everyone else, in anyway I can (season tickets, Centenary Club Lifeline Memberships etc). Thankfully, those days are (almost ?) behind us and with the German investment, it feels like better days are ahead. Let's not forget, though, how close we came to losing our club .

• Upvote 2

Remember honk posting lots on the other "forum" about our situation, back when we were in SPL asking where we were getting money for the Jan window signings. 

Also the promotion season too if remember correctly. Wasn't until our relegation he posted more frequently and posts started disappearing and then black carded when it hit the fan and dodgy share option appeared. 

Wasn't sure what to make of it all as i had been living in Wimbledon at the time. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

An interesting thread. Living a long way from Dunfermline it was difficult to get a handle on what was really going on. Early 2013 ( I think perhaps January ) or possibly late 2012 , I was approached by a friend  (fellow supporter) who told me the club was struggling to pay the power bill to keep the floodlights on- this was when I realised we were in really desperate straights. He and I ( along with a few others)  wrote personal cheques to the power company to keep the lights on.  A month or two later I was in a  hospitality box  ( it was the freezing midweek game against Falkirk which we lost) and I was asked by one of the club's staff if I would mind sharing the box with the Official Administrator who had just been appointed that day ( or day before). Well , that was surreal.  

I cant recall if the away game against Raith Rovers was the last game of the season but many felt that it could well be the finale for the Pars. I decided I didnt want to  attend it I guess for two reasons  ;  I couldnt deal with it emotionally  and I really didnt believe it would be the last.

Writing this reminds me that I got a phone call from Gavin Masterton probably in the second half of 2012, he was simply phoning to thank me for some sponsorship ( cant recall what it was ) and he came over as very, very pleasant. That was my one and only dealing with him directly.

I guess I almost went for the "share issue"  , I already had  ( still have) shares in DAFC Ltd but I prevaricated and eventually concluded that it would be throwing money away and that Administration would be a better option. 

Its been some journey and we owe an enormous debt of gratitude to current and previous ( post Admin ) Directors. I still have a copy of the BDO accounts and list of Creditors. If you study it you will see that some of the current  (and previous ) Directors  of PUCIC and DAFC Ltd  took big losses ( five figures possibly six ?)  on Adminstration YET STILL PUT THEIR HANDS IN THEIR POCKETS to fund the Administration and purchase by PUCIC.  

It would make a fantastic book , so many fans played some part in so many many ways and so much of it will be unknown  and unseen.

• Upvote 5