Drinks break.

scottyboy

Not been keeping up with football just now. Never knew the matches stopped for this. Is this a new thing i obviously missed?  BTW watching Man Utd V Chelsea.   Football  withoot fans really is nothing. Sir Alex would never have let them fall from grace like this.

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

needs binned, total waste of time now.

Wouldn't be surprised if the TV companies want to keep in order to get a few adverts in the gap in play

I agree, it wont be long before the commercial interests and opportunity take precedence. In the vast majority of games I feel this is not necessary, however on the occasional days of extremely hot weather there may be some value on a safety basis once a trigger point of a certain temp has been reached. Players should be expected to be reasonably hydrated before they walk on. If there is a injury or time taken for a VAR  decision to be made that's fine but a routine drink break NO  

• 4 weeks later...

so hydration during sport is not important and eliminating cross contamination isn't important? These rules have been agreed as part of the regimen to allow football to get started and folk on here think it's a nonsense. 

In the current climate who would go into a room and drink from a bottle shared between 22 people?

In fact who would drink from a random beer bottle in a pub in normal circumstances?

Question for anyone if you were in a gym for 90 minutes and were thirsty would you share a water bottle with another 21 users?

4 minutes ago, Rengade Master said:

so hydration during sport is not important and eliminating cross contamination isn't important? These rules have been agreed as part of the regimen to allow football to get started and folk on here think it's a nonsense. 

In the current climate who would go into a room and drink from a bottle shared between 22 people?

In fact who would drink from a random beer bottle in a pub in normal circumstances?

Question for anyone if you were in a gym for 90 minutes and were thirsty would you share a water bottle with another 21 users?

Why no give them a bottle at the side of the pitch with their squad number on it. Do they really need to stop the game. If I player needs a drink, let them run to the side of the pitch 

I'm in surrey, since the lockdown its been really warm. I've worn jeans once and that was a site visit for my work. I have hardly been on my bike and when i have went through a water bottle quite easily in an hour. 

Not sure how bad its been going north but certainly games in London will have been quite bad.  

16 hours ago, scottyboy said:

Why no give them a bottle at the side of the pitch with their squad number on it. Do they really need to stop the game. If I player needs a drink, let them run to the side of the pitch 

Difficult to monitor the bottles to ensure no cross contamination. A player could easily pick up the wrong bottle.

Also, it'd be pretty hard for players in the middle of the park to go get their bottle without potentially leaving dangerous space.

I don't like the drinks breaks either but they seem a necessary evil to me at the moment.

On 16/08/2020 at 23:03, Rengade Master said:

Surely when a player is down injured, there is sufficient enough time to take water onboard. The rules are changing constantly and most are baffling...one player taking centre instead of two..whats that all about...

Archived