Hear from our Chairman

Buffy

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing really new with the information in the interview. I'm still suspicious and will see how it pans out. It is disappointing the board who championed a fans owned model felt moving away from that is the best option albeit I see why they have done it from the reasons given.

I had a look on the other site to see opinions and it's mostly positive however I did notice sammer is getting a pasting for putting his own view forward. Are we getting to the stage that anyone who voices any sort of different perspective,ask questions or being critical of whats happened are going to be shouted down by people again?

Some folk are instinctively cautious or even suspicious. I think Ross is smart enough not to sign up to a deal if it wasn't in the Pars best interests. Sure we went for the fans owned model, but it clearly wasn't getting us up to the Premiership in the timescale most of us would like. This deal will hopefully help to speed things up for us.

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite said:

Nothing really new with the information in the interview. I'm still suspicious and will see how it pans out. It is disappointing the board who championed a fans owned model felt moving away from that is the best option albeit I see why they have done it from the reasons given.

I had a look on the other site to see opinions and it's mostly positive however I did notice sammer is getting a pasting for putting his own view forward. Are we getting to the stage that anyone who voices any sort of different perspective,ask questions or being critical of whats happened are going to be shouted down by people again?

It's not happen here, or Pie n Bovril regarding a difference of opinion. 

It's right to ask questions if that's how you see things. 

3 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

The interview was basically a video of the statement Q&A,  It didn't really provide any further information. 

I think it would be better to hear from the investors. I'm sure they could do a interview with Steven Mill via a video link that could be posted online.

Off topic but Steven Mill is an absolute bellend. I really can’t stand him. 

4 hours ago, Fifes Elite said:

Having read Sammer's post, I'm not surprised he's getting a pasting, as it comes across as pretty paranoid and hyperbolic. Not to mention fairly rude towards RMcA.

He raises some valid concerns I think, but his tone is needlessly belligerent and antagonistic. It undermines the points he's making.

Re Ross's interview, I agree that he doesn't really say much more than what is in the Q and A. The stuff about how great the German model is doesn't really ring true for me, since what the new investors are doing is directly contrary to that model of fan ownership (that's why they're not doing this in Germany!)

However, what Ross is doing here is putting his own face on this, and owning it. He's putting his own credibility on the line and having spoken with him a number of times I have absolutely no doubt that he's both passionate about the club and savvy about this sort of thing. 

I don't believe for a second that he would ever do anything he thought would be harmful to DAFC (Sammer's claims of "selling out" and "washing his hands of the Pars" are just nonsense IMO) and I have no doubt that he believes that this is the right approach.

That always leaves the possibility that he and the rest of the board are being gulled, but again, I really doubt that. 

I still have misgivings until we find out more, but I'm reasonably comfortable with believing in Ross and the board unless or until we actually have a specific reason for concern, a particular incident, decision or action that we can point to and say, that's not good. They've earned the benefit of the doubt IMO.

9 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Aye, Sammer's post was pretty derogatory to Ross McArthur and he was a bit fast and loose with the facts as we know them.

Socks, as we know, put forward a well reasoned note of caution, which nobody can or have really taken issue with.  Not that I am here to defend all things on .net.

I meant to make this same point but forgot. Thanks for mopping up my missed chances DA-go.

4 hours ago, Buffy said:

Sammer is getting a pasting only because he’s made stuff up and has rolled with it; not because of his opinions on the current scenario. 

1 hour ago, SanguinePar said:

Having read Sammer's post, I'm not surprised he's getting a pasting, as it comes across as pretty paranoid and hyperbolic. Not to mention fairly rude towards RMcA.

He raises some valid concerns I think, but his tone is needlessly belligerent and antagonistic. It undermines the points he's making.

Re Ross's interview, I agree that he doesn't really say much more than what is in the Q and A. The stuff about how great the German model is doesn't really ring true for me, since what the new investors are doing is directly contrary to that model of fan ownership (that's why they're not doing this in Germany!)

However, what Ross is doing here is putting his own face on this, and owning it. He's putting his own credibility on the line and having spoken with him a number of times I have absolutely no doubt that he's both passionate about the club and savvy about this sort of thing. 

I don't believe for a second that he would ever do anything he thought would be harmful to DAFC (Sammer's claims of "selling out" and "washing his hands of the Pars" are just nonsense IMO) and I have no doubt that he believes that this is the right approach.

I disagree,he is speculating which is what we are all really doing. Ross already admitted the board had ran out of ideas. You might not like the language of quotes like "washing their hands of it" however it might have a degree of truth. It's clear the directors felt as it was they could take the club as far as they could. Would I word it in that way...probably not but I can see why others will see it in that way. People on .net should back off and let folk have their opinion and respond in a better manner.

He is getting to state his opinion FE. His post remains intact, and he’s been a regular poster long enough to know how it works. For the majority of his posts regarding pars history people have hung on to every word as his memory is incredible. To then upend that with an open attack on our Chairman as well as the childish wording of his rant ~ probably won’t bother him in the long run - but other posters have every right to call him out on it. 

Archived