Hear from our Chairman

Buffy

5 minutes ago, Buffy said:

He is getting to state his opinion FE. His post remains intact, and he’s been a regular poster long enough to know how it works. For the majority of his posts regarding pars history people have hung on to every word as his memory is incredible. To then upend that with an open attack on our Chairman as well as the childish wording of his rant ~ probably won’t bother him in the long run - but other posters have every right to call him out on it. 

His posts on other topics are an irrelevance.

If you want to defend posts that call him a bellend for having a different opinion then fair enough each to their own. Perhaps I will start to do the same with posters I disagree with.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

His posts on other topics are an irrelevance.

If you want to defend posts that call him a bellend for having a different opinion then fair enough each to their own. Perhaps I will start to do the same with posters I disagree with.

I should say, I haven't read the responses to him, just his post. By a pasting I thought you meant his view was being strongly criticised. If people are just hurling abuse at him, then, no, that's not ok.

"If you want to defend posts that call him a bellend for having a different opinion then fair enough each to their own"

If he's been called that, it's a bit strong.  He has however, called Ross McArthur a "sweetie wife", whilst backing this up by giving us his pretty unique take on what the term means.

He's also stated that this consortium were shown the door by 9 other clubs they wanted to invest in, which there doesn't seem to be evidence for.

In short, he's been attacked for his provocative language and inaccuracies - not his differing opinion.  Plenty of folk, myself included, have reacted fairly cautiously to developments and have not been verbally attacked for it.

A football forum isn't the right place for anyone who wants to through out incendiary statements but doesn't want equal ferocity in reply.  

16 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

"If you want to defend posts that call him a bellend for having a different opinion then fair enough each to their own"

If he's been called that, it's a bit strong.  He has however, called Ross McArthur a "sweetie wife", whilst backing this up by giving us his pretty unique take on what the term means.

He's also stated that this consortium were shown the door by 9 other clubs they wanted to invest in, which there doesn't seem to be evidence for.

In short, he's been attacked for his provocative language and inaccuracies - not his differing opinion.  Plenty of folk, myself included, have reacted fairly cautiously to developments and have not been verbally attacked for it.

A football forum isn't the right place for anyone who wants to through out incendiary statements but doesn't want equal ferocity in reply.  

No where did I say he shouldn't be challenged. The quote I give calls out abuse which I have criticised. Everything else you mention is a tangent and I CBA critiquing every post to say if they are acceptable or not (I can't even remember your post).

In no way did I defend anyone calling him names, but of course you knew that.

You’re getting your knickers in a twist about ONE childish remark from a .net poster who wrote “you really are a prize 🔔🔚“. 

You said “Perhaps I will start to do the same with posters I disagree with.
If you are the type of person who wants to disagree with others’ opinions by doing just that, go ahead FE, 

DA-Go nails it above (ty). 

3 minutes ago, Buffy said:

It would be hypocritical to call out a ranter with dissenting voices making the same childish remarks in response. 
If you are the type of person who wants to disagree with others’ opinions by doing just that, go ahead FE, 

I have no idea what that even is suppose to mean.

34 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

We'll agree to differ. He made something up and was provocative about a guy whose done a lot for the club. Someone called him a minorly bad word in response. 

I don't think think it was massively disproportionate. I certainly couldn't get worked up about it on someone else's behalf. 

Cool, "bell end" name calling all round it is.

P.s. you do know people are getting worked up on Ross's behalf right?

Archived