New Manager

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Superally said:

I'll admit I'm happy to be proved wrong, however will wish him the very best and he and the Pars have MY full support. Just need to renew my ST. COYP 

I'm exactly the same. He's in post now, so he gets my support unless and until he does something to lose it. As before, making the playoffs is the core target, and having done that last season, making a serious title challenge is now the realistic ideal.

I wonder how many fans will give him a genuine chance, and how many have already made up their minds.

Dunfermline Athletic: Peter Grant rejected other opportunities to become new boss at East End Park - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57276850

"They saw my CV on the football pitch," Grant says. "I don't believe in putting a CV in because, if I did, I would blow everybody else away anyway. I don't mean that disrespectfully."

Hmmm... Not the tone I'd have taken after his last job tbh.

We'll see.

Has said the usual template of things you would expect in his first interview as you would from any manager. It is clear that the Germans Thomas Meggle have had input. The next stages are the background team, players to be released and offered new contracts and how ambitious will be the recruitment of new players. 

7 minutes ago, Superally said:

It is clear that the Germans Thomas Meggle have had input. 

That was the bit that jumped out at me, I wasn't sure how much they would have been involved here, perhaps waiting until they've bought the rest of their eventual shareholding. Hopefully it's a good sign if they are onboard with Grant's appointment.

Archived