New Manager

9 minutes ago, Fifes Elite said:

If we do approach petrie and he says he doesn't want a full time job in football I hope the board will come out and tell the fans that so we can put that subject to bed. There will be folk still clamouring for Petrie when the new manager comes in if it's left open in some way.

Overall the list isn't inspiring but probably Robinson (if Petrie doesn't want it) would be a shout. I wouldn't be totally against Iain McCall if he was up against the others either but I doubt we will pay compo to Partick anyway

I think almost certainly it'll be someone currently out of a job. Can't see becoming embroiled in a compensation situation. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Levein would be a great appointment. If Petrie is a no go would be more than happy with him.

Actually the rumour is doing the rounds, especially since I laid it out on Pie & Bovril. I bet some scummy journo picks it up 

Peter Houston is a shout btw.  It ended badly for him at the end up but not many available managers with a Scottish Cup win under their belt.

maybe the board will offer out a short term (one season) deal to an older coach knowing that the investors will take over end of the season and roll out the big plan and have more of a say on the setup?

On 18/05/2021 at 20:12, SanguinePar said:

I don't want him, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim Duffy in the mix somewhere. His Dumbarton side looked pretty good last night against Edinburgh City. I've not seen them apart from that though. 

Parted ways with Dumbarton today. To say the Dumbarton fans are happy with this would be an understatement 

21 minutes ago, Superally said:

It seems like Yogi might be headed for Dundee Utd, Micky Mellon is off. Quite a manager turnaround over the past week

Busy time. 

Jim. Duffy also left Dumbarton. 

Ferguson to Alloa. 

Archived