New Manager

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Think Mellon has offers in England. 

Rumour today at work, Barry Ferguson turned down the Pars job. If true then thank ****

Ferguson is being very cute, we are a challenge to boost his ego especially next season, with 2 SPL clubs in the league Partick and ICT it's going to be a tough league top prove much.

Getting Alloa back to the Championship is probably a far easier challenge especially if he has been promised some money.

3 or 4 seasons in the lower leagues looking good will win him a bigger mover in the long run!

15 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

Fortunately, and I mean that in the loosest possible sense because he shouldn’t be employed by any football club, he appears to have earned the Ross County job.

I actually agree. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2261032/peter-grant-dunfermline-athletic-new-head-coach/amp/

Seems Grant going to be announced tomorrow. 

Really is another ****e appointment by the board. If they weren't pars fans you'd question whether they actually want the club to progress. 

Just a totally pish, ****e appointment. 

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2261032/peter-grant-dunfermline-athletic-new-head-coach/amp/

Seems Grant going to be announced tomorrow. 

Really is another ****e appointment by the board. If they weren't pars fans you'd question whether they actually want the club to progress. 

Just a totally pish, ****e appointment. 

Nothing like giving him a chance... and that is nothing like giving him a chance! :-)

Although, I'm not very inspired by him either, but we'll see.

Interesting tweet from Alan Temple who would seem to be well connected. From Temple: "Re: Peter Grant to Dunfermline. I can understand negativity but:

I'd expect him to be part of a revamped structure which allows a 'head coach' to coach. Which he can clearly do; his teams play nice stuff.

With the right staff and better players?"

Then consider the position of Thomas Meggle, who is already a director of the Club. A re-vamped structure was mentioned by Alan Temple last week.

Mmm a head coach who coaches. Peter Grant's coaching CV extends over 20 years and is is Bournemouth, West Ham, West Brom, Celtic, Birmingham City, Aston Villa, Notts Forrest, Fulham, and Scotland (U 20/U21/full team). His managerial CV is only Norwich and Alloa. Might wait and see how things pan out.

Bound to be a club announcement tomorrow: lets see what it says...

Archived