League Cup group

Very tough start especially considering how short in numbers/quality the squad still appears to be. Hopefully we can have another 2/3 bodies in by the end of the week.

Would definitely take a point (or penalty shoot out win) as things stand.

The team pretty much picks itself at the moment although I guess a lot will depend on the recoveries of Watson, Wilson and Wighton. I believe the former and latter at least had some involvement in the closed-doors game against Hibs at the weekend so hopefully they'll be pushing for a start Saturday although I imagine they'll be somewhat behind the rest of the squad in terms of fitness/match sharpness.

Expect the team to line up something like this based on the current squad

------------------------Fon Williams---------------------------

--------Watson------Gaspuitis-------Graham----------

Comrie------------------------------------------------Edwards

-----------Thomas-------Allan--------Pybus--------------

-----------Todorov----------------------O'Hara---------------

Perhaps Wilson in for young Paul Allan if he's fit enough but when you look at what's left on the bench then it highlights how much work we still have left to do in the transfer market;

Mehmet

MacDonald

Fenton

Todd

Wilson

McCann

Wighton

3 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Tough start and I'm also concerned about the apparent slowness of bringing players in, that said Grant hasn't had a lot of time and Covid-19 doesn't make things easy. 

I agree.  Thistle will be a very tough start.  That all said previously we’ve started so well in the league cup and then fell away by NovembeR most seasons - so if we have a pants league cup let’s just hope we’ll be sorted for the league itself 😏

2 minutes ago, Superally said:

Ahh that limits opportunities to develop the squad further perhaps, unless PG has signings to be announced.  

The way he spoke after the Civil Service Strollers game is that he was hoping for "a couple at the start of the week" and " a couple towards the end of the week". We got our two towards the end of last week but, with a bit of luck, that was the 2 he was hoping to get over the line first and we shall see some activity early this week. Definitely needing some more bodies in ASAP.

What's the situation with the Dumbarton game, can we buy tickets or is it limited to season tickets?

Im up from Epsom and fancied going to the game. Not sure how many we are allowed in the stadium or if there is a review on restrictions before then?

5 minutes ago, Al k said:

What's the situation with the Dumbarton game, can we buy tickets or is it limited to season tickets?

Im up from Epsom and fancied going to the game. Not sure how many we are allowed in the stadium or if there is a review on restrictions before then?

I think there's going to be a fair bit of confusion regarding if we're going to get into games anytime soon. I'd be expecting the club to start some level of communication on this very subject soon. 

I did read on Pie & Bovril tonight that Partick are not entertaining the idea of Pars fans getting into Firhill. 

50 minutes ago, Ants In My Eyes Johnson said:

I see that Partick Thistle are currently playing Rangers in a friendly. Only about a minute to go and it's 1-0 to Rangers. Lewis Mayo got a start for them as well. 

I liked Mayo as a player.

Also liked the look of Ben Williamson on loan to Arbroath from Rangers last season. He stays round the corner from me, level headed laddie. I think the Pars did show interest in him but he's off to Livingston, obviously wanting to play in a higher league. 

Archived