Takeaway / Chipper

Chipper?  It's a bloody chippy!

Chippy - Marini's Aberdour Road, used to like Gennaro's but went downhill after he died.  Fish has improved considerably recently but chips are bit hit or miss.

Chinese - Golden Dragon

Anything else - Istanbul

Avoid:

ALBA, KFC, Abbeyfry, Turkish Pride. 

I concur, not chipper, its Chippy.

And as I live in Edinburgh I haven't had one in the town for years and years. 

I disagree with KFC being a place to avoid, although it can be a hit or a miss at times.  Best Chinese is definitely Eastern Buffet by the cinema.

You're right about Gennaro's Geordieboy, it's terrible now. It's a shame because Gennaro was good for a laugh and i'd rate it as the best in town when he was in charge. 

I'd avoid most restaurants up at the Odeon. Especially KFC, it's worse than having a picnic in a sewer. 

Chippy - Dalgety Fish Bar

Chinese - Lee Garden

Indian - Serena or New Serena, can't remember which one is the best.... 

I concur with the Coach. Lee Garden and Serena are top notch. Gennaros was the best chippy (with the added bonus of being a maximum five minute walk away) but it has gone downhill since Gennaro died so I need an alternative chippy...

www.just-eat.co.uk alerted to Marini's and there is some no bad places for other things although if you want something from Istanbul go to istanbulonline.co.uk as they give you a 10% discount for ordering direct from them. 

Another vote for Lee Garden, tis the dug's proverbials. Just edging it over Simons in the Bay.

There's not a host of consistently great chippies locally I'd say, The Brig probably being the best out of the lot. Maurizios in Inverkething can range between excellent and atrocious.

The Bay Of Bengal is tremendous, again in the Bay although the Everest deserves an honorary mention. 

Chippy - Alari's

Indian - Royal Bengal

Chinese - Camdean

Kebab/Pizza/Calzone - Serena's

Burger - Canny whack a Big Mac!

Italian - Alberto's.

..........and where to avoid ............

Istanbul (Rank kebab meat), Gennaro's (Canny cook chips), Marini's (Undercooked fare). All fecking rank imo.

Archived