Paul Watson

livipar2

Interesting interview with him post game. Doesn’t seek to make any excuses and dismisses any concerns about the impact of COVID unlike the manager.  Maybe I’m reading too much into it but it doesn’t reflect a harmonious dressing room.

He is probably our most natural captain. Not been great so far this season (who has?) but I thought he was decent last season and certainly no less a player than Euan Murray.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Piracy said:

Paul Watson is potentially important player for us. I think it is worth reading into these interviews. People's general demeanour, tone of speech, what's obviously been said etc can paint a picture. 

This. He seems level headed but the warning signs within the content of the interview are clear to see.

I said on another thread, I think too much is being read into it. 

Players are brought up to look at their own performances and that of their team and will always put their hands up when well beaten, even if for no other reason than to respect their fellow pros who beat them. Managers are always going to try and least protect the players as much as they realistically can and so will mention extenuating circumstances, and caveats to mitigate the things they are admitting the team got wrong. It's just the way things are.

I don't think it was a genuinely direct contradiction at all. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Grant has absolutely not been doing that!

I take it you didn't read the rest of the sentence then? He literally did that in his interview last week. Spoke about their mistakes and things they got wrong, which he'd be an absolute idiot to try and deny but then still try and protect the players by saying there were other things to take into consideration. 

9 minutes ago, Digs said:

I take it you didn't read the rest of the sentence then? He literally did that in his interview last week. Spoke about their mistakes and things they got wrong, which he'd be an absolute idiot to try and deny but then still try and protect the players by saying there were other things to take into consideration. 

Have you seen any other interviews? He’s repeatedly thrown the players under the bus.  I doubt he’s suddenly decided to protect them, protect himself far more likely. 

• Upvote 1

I genuinely think Grant thinks he's bigger than this job. I've a message, is he f*ck. 

He needs to get his head out his bahookie and start protecting his players in public. Also get them organised and motivated. He's representing our club. A lifetimes investment for the majority of us. He needs half an hour with some of us in the pub 😂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Have you seen any other interviews? He’s repeatedly thrown the players under the bus.  I doubt he’s suddenly decided to protect them, protect himself far more likely. 

You’re missing the entire point of what I said. I can’t make it any clearer than I already have. 

• Upvote 1