Pars v ICT

Superally

I wonder if we actually have a game of football at East End on Sat or is it going to be a blood bath with the only result that everyone allegedly wanting is the departure of PG as opposed to 3 points. In truth even if we did get the 3 points it only delays the inevitable in all probability. On a football perspective we couldn't have picked a more difficult opponent in ICT who have a 100% record with 5 wins in 5 games. In the process they have only scored 7 goals with Arbroath and Partick scoring more - but unlike the Pars their defence is watertight only losing 1 goal in 5 games. Their place at the top of the league is well deserved. The Pars are diametrically opposite. We sit at the bottom with 4 games played gaining one point against Morton in a 2-2 draw. Our only other goal was on Sat against Ayr Utd giving us a grand total of 3 goals. I think most Pars supporters will admit there are goals in the team but and in the last run out we had chances, but defensively we are dire - conceding 11goals in the process nearly averaging 3 a game. Its not a game where given our recent form you would want us to play atm at best I think only the optimistic would hope for a draw and that would still would leave us firmly anchored to bottom but perhaps the outcome may be more important than the result........... COYP        

The one tiny positive for me through this whole thing is that we are creating plenty chances. We had at least 5 against Arbroath and enough to win vs Ayr too. We can't keep leaking goals though, so until that happens, or Grant decides to stop leaving our best finisher at the club on the bench, I can't see much being different.

If we go ahead in a game, we give ourselves a chance, but we seem content to go behind week in, week out leaving ourselves a mountain to climb whilst not conceding any more.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, scottyboy said:

I think we'll get beat, but you never know. I hope the players bust a gut and treat it like a cup final and try save Peter Grant and the fans more misery. With us being MASSIVE underdogs, surely they'll give us a fighting chance.

Don't mind getting a defeat as long as I see an improvement in performance. but given the current PG game plan I'm not hopeful.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Keyser Soze said:

What people are failing to realise that the rift in the dressing room is beyond repair. It can’t be fixed without a change of manager. We may fluke the odd win under Grant but I absolutely guarantee he would relegate us. What a mess. 

4-2 Inverness 

Think most of us realise that there's a rift of some sort.

Think most of us also have no confidence in Peter Grant. 

Put that together, it's not a great situation for ensuring we'll somehow witness a miraculous turn around. 

I agree it is a mess. 

Watching that short clip I feel sorry for the guy. But I still think he's definitely not the guy for us. 

5-0 for caley. I really can't see anything else at this moment. 

Utterly soul destroying, teams a mess, the way its been handled is a mess and our infighting just can't see anything positive. 

On the plus side by 16:45 we will be one game nearer the end of the season.