Stay of execution.

scottyboy

56 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

We've had nae luck in the last few meetings with the Accies, especially in those Cup games. I'd love to see a crushing 3-0 victory against them.

I'd be happy with a clean sheet and us just taking one of the many chances we'll no doubt create. Again.

(Long time registered, first time poster).

The first goal is often pivotal in a game but especially so this fixture you feel. We should definitely be hopeful of creating chances and hopefully can we take one to give us that lift and help us kick on. Wighton has to start I think, but I’d stick with Pybus ahead of Thomas.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, StuPar82 said:

(Long time registered, first time poster).

The first goal is often pivotal in a game but especially so this fixture you feel. We should definitely be hopeful of creating chances and hopefully can we take one to give us that lift and help us kick on. Wighton has to start I think, but I’d stick with Pybus ahead of Thomas.

Wighton is our best finisher. Get him off the bench and starting on a regular basis, then we'll see goals coming as his match sharpness improves. 

1 hour ago, Piracy said:

Wighton is our best finisher. Get him off the bench and starting on a regular basis, then we'll see goals coming as his match sharpness improves. 

It would be criminal if wighton doesn't start on Saturday. I think Grant has his favourites though,he signed todorov and knows o'hara from Alloa. 

I was expecting a lot more from o'hara so far,his best season was under Grant at Alloa.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It would be criminal if wighton doesn't start on Saturday. I think Grant has his favourites though,he signed todorov and knows o'hara from Alloa. 

I was expecting a lot more from o'hara so far,his best season was under Grant at Alloa.

Aye. O’Hara somehow finished top goalscorer last season I’m sure but he missed so many chances and most of them were down to a hatrick off the bench against Alloa and a purple patch at the beginning and end of the season. 

Wighton offers more to the team as well as being a better finisher but they are different types of striker. I think he should be one of the first names in the team sheet personally and I think we looked a lot more dangerous when he was on with Todorov on Saturday. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Digs said:

Aye. O’Hara somehow finished top goalscorer last season I’m sure but he missed so many chances and most of them were down to a hatrick off the bench against Alloa and a purple patch at the beginning and end of the season. 

Wighton offers more to the team as well as being a better finisher but they are different types of striker. I think he should be one of the first names in the team sheet personally and I think we looked a lot more dangerous when he was on with Todorov on Saturday. 

Agreed, we seem to be have more of a creative edge to us when he is on the park. Sure Todorov’s header came directly from Wighton picking up the ball, ghosting past two defenders to make space to pick out Toddy. He was also effective when he came on against Patrick and, I think, similarly was the one who did well to bring MacDonald into play to ultimately send over that teasing cross which Wighton himself then wasn’t far away from getting himself onto.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Andycarp said:

Somebody may have already mentioned this but to get rid of PG so early in his contract would mean a large payout of money and a new wage for the next manager. Not going to happen. 

That’s generally not how managerial contracts work at this level. Usually there’s a severance package agreed beforehand and the figure will be the same if there’s 1 month or 21 months remaining on the contract. 

If he in charge for the next home game, I shall save £20. He's had about 1/4 of the season so far. I'm  sure PG will accept that it's not worked out. Hope Ross has kept the pile of CVs in his drawer. Suppose they just have to finalise a pay off for PG. I'm 86% sure he will be gone. I was thinking (I know) Is there a worse manager in the Scottish Championship?

• Upvote 1