Board statement

Fifes Elite

It is definitely worrying times for our football club, on the field and off the field. 

On the field I worry where the next three points is going to come from and that we could end up being rooted to the bottom. Grant has tried his best and it's just not worked, that's football. I personally cant see Grant turning this around and if it was me I would have thought the international break would have been the perfect time to bring a new man in, but thats up to the board.

When the Germans came in, who would have thought we would have been in this kind of mess? Things were looking up for the club, new investment with fresh ideas but things are looking very bleak. Looking like we could be in serious danger of going down to the third tier and back to the start again. 

It's a toxic atmosphere around the club and people like Ross dont deserve to be at the centre of the attacks or is anyone.

I also worry for us financially, the season ticket sales are down,pay at the gate fans will be down so will hospitality etc and lifelines getting cancelled. That's a massive loss for the club. 

If we do get relegated, will we have clauses in place for the players who are on 2 year deals to release them? We simply couldn't afford to pay players like dorrans etc in league one. Maybe I am looking too far ahead?

We all need to stick together and make sure the club survives this difficult time.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

It is definitely worrying times for our football club, on the field and off the field. 

On the field I worry where the next three points is going to come from and that we could end up being rooted to the bottom. Grant has tried his best and it's just not worked, that's football. I personally cant see Grant turning this around and if it was me I would have thought the international break would have been the perfect time to bring a new man in, but thats up to the board.

When the Germans came in, who would have thought we would have been in this kind of mess? Things were looking up for the club, new investment with fresh ideas but things are looking very bleak. Looking like we could be in serious danger of going down to the third tier and back to the start again. 

It's a toxic atmosphere around the club and people like Ross dont deserve to be at the centre of the attacks or is anyone.

I also worry for us financially, the season ticket sales are down,pay at the gate fans will be down so will hospitality etc and lifelines getting cancelled. That's a massive loss for the club. 

If we do get relegated, will we have clauses in place for the players who are on 2 year deals to release them? We simply couldn't afford to pay players like dorrans etc in league one. Maybe I am looking too far ahead?

We all need to stick together and make sure the club survives this difficult time.

Whilst I agree we need to change something to turn it round, it’s far too early to be talking about League 1. QOTS we’re in a similar position last year, as were Partick. They won the league and QOTS nearly made the playoffs. 

we’ve got a good squad, we just need someone to organise them properly and get them playing to their strengths. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Digs said:

I thought the same. If it was me (and I’m not saying this should go for him) I would feel really guilty about how far this has gone because ultimately, if my team is winning football matches, none of this even happens. 

"no one is bigger than the club" is stuck in my head the now.

doesnt matter how but he has to go before next weekend.

1 hour ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

I can't see how there's any sort of 'can't be sacked until the first quarter' clause could be in a contract.

How would that even enter the discussion for a contract?

What I'd like to know is who informed Kingdom FM that the BoD had given Grant a Vote of Confidence before the Board meeting took place? Kind of bizarre, isn't it?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GG Riva said:

What I'd like to know is who informed Kingdom FM that the BoD had given Grant a Vote of Confidence before the Board meeting took place? Kind of bizarre, isn't it?

I think we could all take a guess who is leaking stuff out of the club GG. I dont think it's a coincidence that a lot of rumours/leaks have been coming out of the club since 2 pubs reopened up the town.