Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

1 hour ago, Boston Red Sox said:

What's the script with this guy? Now that Dom Thomas has been permitted to leave the naughty step is there any word on Watson, what he has done, or if he is likely to play with us again? Thought he looked quite solid with big Vytas the bear next to him.

I don't know any more than you, BRS, but the most plausible explanation is that he and the manager have had a serious disagreement. The manager must either be allowed to manage or leave the club. The Board have obviously backed PG on this one and it would probably make matters worse if the reasons for the fall out were made public. If Watson was in the wrong, an apology would almost certainly put him back in contention for a first team place. Fortunately for Grant, he has managed to bring in a very able replacement in Connolly. If/when Watson does return, it'll be interesting to see who makes way for him. My money would be on Vytas but it may be that Watson would be on the bench. I can't see Connolly being dropped.

if watson has lost respect for the manager you can't blame him. It's a very difficult situation for defenders when they are looking at clear faults in our tactics that are leaving them hung out to dry.  Clearly if rumours of going on holiday are true that is a problem,  but a problem created by the manager playing horrific tactics, bad mouthing players in public and expecting them to not to react.

Players not respecting our management have my full support.  They are doing the right thing.

Edited by parsforlife
  • Downvote 7

39 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

Hopefully when the new guy comes in they will jettison these so called problem players out the door. 

There will be no need. Guys like watson have been good pros under proper managers for 10+ years.  Like under kenny any rift between players and management quickly end when the fraud they are asked to work for gets emptied.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

if watson has lost respect for the manager you can't blame him. It's a very difficult situation for defenders when they are looking at clear faults in our tactics that are leaving them hung out to dry.  Clearly if rumours of going on holiday are true that is a problem,  but a problem created by the manager playing horrific tactics, bad mouthing players in public and expecting them to not to react.

Players not respecting our management have my full support.  They are doing the right thing.

He is showing a disrespect not just to Grant but also the club,they told him not to go and he ignored them. 

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

He is showing a disrespect not just to Grant but also the club,they told him not to go and he ignored them. 

The club have disrespected him asking him to work under a fraud, ignoring his and other players frustrations and backing a proven failure.  

I’d be very angry if I was being asked to play under tactics that were blatantly wrong and being talked down too and thrown under a bus by the manager in public.

There must be a huge amount of sympathy for the players just now, yes they might not always react correctly but they’ve been put in a horrible position by the board.

There’s a reason several players have commented on the poor decisions of the manager,  it’s not because guys that were good pros last year have suddenly decided to change their ways, it because the guy in charge of them is a absolutely terrible at his job.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Grant's wrong tactics and poor public announcements in front of a camera are one thing, blatant disregard toward your employers is another (if that has happened).

Players are contractually bound to behave within a set of rules, being pi*sed off doesn't entitle you to just do as you please. Players can lose respect for a Manager but there's their own self respect, respect for fellow players and respect for the club employing them to consider. 

• Upvote 9