Paul Watson

Boston Red Sox

12 hours ago, parsforlife said:

The club have disrespected him asking him to work under a fraud, ignoring his and other players frustrations and backing a proven failure.  

I’d be very angry if I was being asked to play under tactics that were blatantly wrong and being talked down too and thrown under a bus by the manager in public.

There must be a huge amount of sympathy for the players just now, yes they might not always react correctly but they’ve been put in a horrible position by the board.

There’s a reason several players have commented on the poor decisions of the manager,  it’s not because guys that were good pros last year have suddenly decided to change their ways, it because the guy in charge of them is a absolutely terrible at his job.

Do you understand how a football team works? You sign for them, the manager is in charge and you do as you're asked by him and his staff. You may be asked for your opinion from time to time but by and large you are there to do as you're asked for the good of the team. If you've got even one player not doing that, none of that is going to work. It doesn't matter if you agree with his tactics or not. 

Also, comparing this to Stephen Kenny is apples and lemons. Those players were definitely let down by the manager, but despite 100% wrong opinions to the contrary didn't down tools. They actually trained more because they knew themselves his training was leaving them unfit. 

That's what you do if you find yourself at odds with the manager and his tactics. You do as much as you can to ensure you play well and you are able to do exactly as you are asked, you don't have a hissy fit, put yourself in breach of contract, let yourself down, your team mates down, the fans down and the club down because you didn't get your own way. 

We don't need players that do things like that at any time, never mind in our current situation.

• Upvote 8

When managers start pandering to players, then you end up with a mutiny on your hands. If these players are doing that,  then PG got ma respect. I'm hoping we will get our 1st win in the next 8 days. Partick will be tough, but at home against Raith on the Tuesday, we might just win. Think I'll go along tae that one.

• Upvote 2

I’ve not been a particular fan of Watson to be honest.  Wasn’t keen on how he seemed to disappear last season when things were tough.  Also never quite understand how someone with his experience has never had the armband.  Gotta ask yourself why.  Connolly is a significant upgrade for me.

link added

Edited by Rossmcno1
Link
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not caring about this situation. He's nothing special and Connolly is more my type of player.

Too many self entitled players doing the rounds and right now we need players with a good level of self belief, determination and pride in their own performances. 

And a competent Manager helps of course. 

• Upvote 2

the holiday rumour doesnt account for missing the Raith and QOS games before the break so there will be more to it than just that, its another stick to beat Grant with for most though even though they have no idea what has actually happened.

36 minutes ago, Rossmcno1 said:

I’ve not been a particular fan of Watson to be honest.  Wasn’t keen on how he seemed to disappear last season when things were tough.  Also never quite understand how someone with his experience has never had the armband.  Gotta ask yourself why.  Connolly is a significant upgrade for me.

agree with all of that apart from on Connolly for now.

I was pleased when we signed him and thought he looked a good Championship defender. He looked all at sea in the back 3 (not the only one). Replacing a signed player with an on loan one is a bit short-term but clearly there are reasons.

it would be interesting to know what happened behind the scenes but a sensible move by the club to not wash dirty linen in public.

All rumours and gossip but if the reason given is the holiday, something must have gone on before the Raith game to get Connelly in pending Watson's departure. Anyhow, I think my line manager is a complete spangle of a spunktrumpet but I wouldn't just **** off on unauthorised holidays as I do like being in continuous employment. 

• Upvote 3